New SW on the Hopper REALLY sucks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok, I get that surveys are being sent to existing Hopper customers since that is the line that is currently being worked on. A lowly 722 user isn't going to be able to provide relevant feedback on the Hopper experience. But what about asking us why we won't upgrade to the Hopper? :)

So, the removal of the show titles are by design. Maybe they need them to create a list view. :D
Yes, this was intentional. The question is whether Dish is still working on this to tweak it. (Adding the larger tiles option on other screens, or adding the option to bring back the titles below the tiles on the DVR screen for those who want them.) In a way, the smaller tiles were too small to usefully display much of the title below each tile. Ironically, the larger tiles would have more room underneath to display more of the title, but now they do not display the title below them. :(

Ok, I get that surveys are being sent to existing Hopper customers since that is the line that is currently being worked on. A lowly 722 user isn't going to be able to provide relevant feedback on the Hopper experience. But what about asking us why we won't upgrade to the Hopper? :)
Wally has the new tiles too. :(

I have a feeling that whoever decided that by design, they would remove the titles, obviously does not use a hopper DVR at home
Like I said, what they did is the exact opposite of what would make sense. Larger tiles could easily fit the title underneath, while the old smaller tiles could be a thumbnail image for those who do not need the title underneath, since there was not much room for the title anyway.

Reactions: HipKat
Well I have noticed that if you select the picture tile of the show the name and information comes up on the right side of the screen. It just doesn't show the title on the tile itself. That isn't that hard to figure it out , just a minor change.
True, but if you are scrolling through a long list of recordings, it is more convenient to glance underneath each tile, instead of having to highlight each one if the tile artwork is not clear enough to indicate if it is the show you are looking for. It is not that big of a deal, since I guess I could sort the list alphabetically to help narrow it down. I prefer for my DVR recordings to be sorted by date, though, so I can go to the bottom of the list and see which recordings are about to drop off if my hard drive gets full.

Fortunately,. most of the TV Show Tiles (And kind've on the movies) have the name on each Tile

2a0m7vt.jpg

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well I have noticed that if you select the picture tile of the show the name and information comes up on the right side of the screen. It just doesn't show the title on the tile itself. That isn't that hard to figure it out , just a minor change.

On movies and such, not a big deal for me. Tv shows like Schitts Creek shows the latest episode recorded then when I go to that tile it expands to all the episodes, again not a big deal for me. :popcorn

Bigger concerns for me are the accessing the other HWS . 4x FF....lag time zipping through the guide, waiting for the channel to keep up with my scrolling...quirky access to my EHD...Guide information craziness....etc.

I have one HWS and my wife have the other. In October, I had to replace my HWS, my wife's was unaffected. I like this setup for just this reason. Not sure how the Hopper 3 is handled with people who like separate DVR's like me? (Hopper 3 goes down No TV other than OTA ) There are features that would be nice to have from the Hopper 3, but functionality is still OK at this point with my HWS. I still have 2 original 1.0 Joey'so_O....1 gets some use, and the other get infrequent use, other when my Daughter comes to visit (In her old room) :D

Thanks Steve

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)