New SW on the Hopper REALLY sucks!

Can’t Dish easily detect that?
The problem is that not everybody bothers to connect every receiver to the internet, either. So, multiple Hoppers not connected to each other, and not connected to the internet, could still be legitimately used in the same household. On the other hand, it could be a case of stacking. Imposing a limit of only one Hopper per account would help eliminate any question.

Sounds like I can move to an H3, and TRUST that Dish isn’t going to stick it to me again, despite multiple recent experiences, and be stuck for two years, something that used to not concern me.

Or I can move to FiOS, save money, and deal with my EHDs.

Sounds like I can move to an H3, and TRUST that Dish isn’t going to stick it to me again, despite multiple recent experiences, and be stuck for two years, something that used to not concern me.

Come on Navy . Time to jump ship and move on to FIOS. You can always swim back to Dish if you aren’t happy. I have both. Two ships are better than one

Now navychop, think about it. Stay with DISH.

Reactions: JSheridan
I’m doing exactly what I said I’d do. Emptied the MBR HWS. Using it until it dies completely. Deciding then if it’s
A) Replace bad HWS
B) Move to H3/Joey
C) Reduce service, watch/record EHDs, start FiOS.

This may take months.

Option A is the least likely, although it is the only one with any redundancy.

Having tiles that show incorrect icons and no text makes C more likely.

Upside for Dish if the intent is to prevent stacking.

My two Hopper3 receivers are connected together and both have internet access. Dish can easily see that I am not doing any account stacking.
Making the software such that it can’t control viewing programs on the remote Hopper3 would not affect account stacking since the Hopper3 receivers would be at different locations.
What it does affect is power users like myself that want to watch their content at different locations in their house. I watch programs on my Living Room Hopper3 when I am walking on my Treadmill. I watch programs on my Family Room Hopper3 when I want to relax with my large 4K TV. I watch Dish on my bedroom Monitor using my Joey2 when resting in bed. I watch Dish on my Basement TV using the Amazon Fire App when riding my exercise bike or working in my shop.
Dish needs to recognize that power users like myself pay them the most.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I’m doing exactly what I said I’d do. Emptied the MBR HWS. Using it until it dies completely. Deciding then if it’s
A) Replace bad HWS
B) Move to H3/Joey

This may take months.

Option C is out of the question. You would miss a bunch.

Big company. Should have an entire room filled with every combination of h/w.

Hoppers aren’t that old, especially by industry standards. There is no excuse for repeatedly breaking functioning software.

“The soak???”

They do still try to support the H1 which was built around 2011 (and debuted at CES 2012). I don't understand why it's still around 8 years later, but that isn't for me to decide either...They do still try and keep it supported by including it (and the Joey 1 which I have 3 of) in the s/w that they add. Granted, the H1 probably won't see a youtube like the HWS ...The HWS barely does ch.370 and Youtube ...and the bugs it had when they first started trying it(Youtube) were awful -- it has come a LONG way.

Soak is a term used in s/w development for when initially they push out to a select group of people - basically an initial wave of a trial to make sure it is ready for rollout.

I can promise you they don't have a room filled with every combo of h/w ...they do have internal testing (which I have no clue how that operates)...then the next step would be external testing. Beyond external testing is initial soak, then full rollout.

Option C is out of the question. You would miss a bunch.

What’s he gonna miss?
Reduce dish service to watch the EHD programming and have FiOS for all the normal programming they currently receive. I did it for a month to be sure I was happy with cox service. Didn’t miss a thing. Dish is no longer the best option out there.

What’s he gonna miss?
Reduce dish service to watch the EHD programming and have FiOS for all the normal programming they currently receive. I did it for a month to be sure I was happy with cox service. Didn’t miss a thing. Dish is no longer the best option out there.

I would agree with this. I keep Dish with Welcome Pack for locals, OTA integration, free previews and to keep access to my EHD recordings, but I wouldn’t pay them for any more than that at this time. I’m only out of pocket $37 each month for pay TV.

I made an investment in good OTA and FTA Ku equipment and my employer has YTTV, so between all those I have more options than I have time for.

A) Replace bad HWS
B) Move to H3/Joey

This may take months.

Will you be doing daily updates on your decision making process ?

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)