New SW on the Hopper REALLY sucks!

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I can not imaging why Dish would have changed the DVR screen and removed text while increasing the icons to 5 across. Then for a bit more aggravation when you select the movie/show you get a different screen and not the information screen.

Mind boggling, like someone deliberately tries to screw things up for job security. Wish I had a viable option to get rid of Dish.

Reactions: pattykay and Jon J
Another thing that broke with update is changing channel to Netflix. Everytime I change to Netflix (either plugging in channel number or scrolling through guide to channel) it switches screen to Netflix and I see logo, but hear the previous program I was watching. It then stays like that until I RBR. Then works as expected. It has done this 3 nights in a row. I will be calling support today when i get home from work. RIDICULOUS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I can not imaging why Dish would have changed the DVR screen and removed text while increasing the icons to 5 across. Then for a bit more aggravation when you select the movie/show you get a different screen and not the information screen.

Mind boggling, like someone deliberately tries to screw things up for job security. Wish I had a viable option to get rid of Dish.
While in the DVR menu, press options, there you should see a button to choose large or small tiles.

Correct and what they did was go large as normal and now super large ... absurd
I wish Dish would at least be consistent. The Video On Demand section still displays the smaller tile size with text below each tile, like I used to enjoy on the DVR screen. If they are going to keep the Video On Demand listed that way, then why not give us an option to keep the old look for the DVR screen? Or, if Dish is going to screw up the tile size on the DVR screen, then why not do so everywhere that has tiles? o_O

I wish Dish would at least be consistent. The Video On Demand section still displays the smaller tile size with text below each tile, like I used to enjoy on the DVR screen. If they are going to keep the Video On Demand listed that way, then why not give us an option to keep the old look for the DVR screen? Or, if Dish is going to screw up the tile size on the DVR screen, then why not do so everywhere that has tiles? o_O
That will be next. Give em time. :(

Reactions: pattykay
Another thing that broke with update is changing channel to Netflix. Everytime I change to Netflix (either plugging in channel number or scrolling through guide to channel) it switches screen to Netflix and I see logo, but hear the previous program I was watching. It then stays like that until I RBR. Then works as expected. It has done this 3 nights in a row. I will be calling support today when i get home from work. RIDICULOUS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's been broken for about 4 months now. I reported it in the old Dish forum and they finally told me 2 weeks ago that their engineering team would look at it.

Reactions: HipKat
Since DISH used to outsource their call center to foreign countries, it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch that they also outsource their software to foreign countries. Would explain why they seem so disconnected from the subs they are supposed to serve. You know Charlie , anything to save a buck. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)