New Technology: DirecTV Ethernet Coaxial Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Directv just had roadshows around the country for their dealers. They talked alot about Multi-Room Video (MRV) and they said it is beta testing now! in your system setup there is a new tab that says Multi-Room. The beta testing is using wired or wireless networking right now. the Deca setup is launching in May 2010. They didnt talk about the cost of the Deca boxes but they did say it was going to be $3 a month to use the service on top of your current DVR fee. They also you can use upto 8 DVR's in the system.

I setup the beta at home using wireless and it works ok on SD but on HD you get some skipping. Looking to either switch to powerline or wait for the Deca adapters to come out.

I tried it with both wireless and (85 Mbps) powerline. Wireless was no go here (very poor path) and powerline only worked for SD. I installed some Actiontec MoCA adapters on the OTA line (they are not compatible with the Directv signals because the frequencies overlap) and it works pretty well (there are a few issues, but I don't think they are because of the network). Since DECA uses the same technology as MoCA (at a different frequency), I would expect the performance to be quite good. $3.00 doesn't sound too bad, although free would be better.

DECA is coming soon... I'm an installer and I've heard rumors of a release this summer. I'll post again if I find out more.

Any word on a date for DECA yet?

I seriously want to network my DVRs for MRV, but don't want to invest if this is about to go national. Anybody got a date from D yet?

Rich

I called yesterday to ask about my agreement. As she was handing out things to make me stop thinking about my agreement :), I asked if they could swap out my non-DVR HD receiver for an HD DVR. She said sure, then told me about DECA and set up an install date (today!) to send someone out to take care of it. Pumped about it, as the home wireless just isn't doing a great job on HD.

Currently have my broadband diplexed in... sounds like that may have to go away?

I called yesterday to ask about my agreement. As she was handing out things to make me stop thinking about my agreement :), I asked if they could swap out my non-DVR HD receiver for an HD DVR. She said sure, then told me about DECA and set up an install date (today!) to send someone out to take care of it. Pumped about it, as the home wireless just isn't doing a great job on HD.

Currently have my broadband diplexed in... sounds like that may have to go away?

Surprise, surprise... the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. The tech came out to do the work, and after I asked he informed me that they were just being trained on it now and didn't have the equipment or the real know-how to do the install. Said it was probably about a month away in our area. Bummer.

DIY Network Install (Green Label DECA's and SWM 8)

From Antenna Dish to Receivers to Building the Desktop Computers, All DIY!

Whole Home DVR (Multiple Room Viewing) is Great!:)

Attachments

• Directv_DECA_Network.jpg
    Directv_DECA_Network.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 491
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)