New Thunderbolt software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Anyone get a new software update last night? I got up this morning and one had already been downloaded and installed which is rather suspicious for them to do automatically.

Wasn't automatic. But I polled the Verizon site and allowed the update to download and install. Not sure if there will be anything of value to me.

BTW- I've noticed I'm getting much longer battery life since the November OS upgrade. I only put the phone on charge about every other day now. But I only have about 20 mins of talk time each day.

I didn't approve the install and it did it over night for me.

Verizon appears to be moving to the method of "asking" you and if you don't respond after 'x' amount of time, they nicely default to "yes, install the update for me!!" option.

In addition to what VZW posted in the PDF, they added new CDMA and LTE radios, fixed the exploit that allowed the Revolutionary tool to work, and other fixes.

I noticed a new statement on my EULA for the MiFi yesterday. In a big bold notice it said that by agreeing to this contract I accept that the firmware used in the Mifi.... is the property of Verizon and Verizon may update or change it at any time. (paraphrasing)

On the Thunderbolt update I now get custom mp3 files playing in BT earpiece. In the past it would default ringer in the earpiece and play the mp3 on the phone speaker. Now with BT connected, I get private ringing and it tells me who is calling ( have to have the caller in the address book for the last part to work) I hope they soon figure out how to use a nice secretarial voice to announce caller ID's in the BT. Now that would be cool. Does iphone do that yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)