New to Comcast - Question

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
I just had Comcast installed with HD/DVR. Previous Directv user. I have noticed a lot of the HD channels often say "Channel will be available soon". Then I go back later and they are on. Is this normal or is something wrong with my box?

when i first signed with comcast my dvr modem did the same thing it should not do that for long. but here in Maryland the only problem i have if break ups on the hd channels it dosent happen a lot but it happens. and the delay for my dvr it takes a second for the dvr to do.
but check to see if you get NBA league pass i have been getting it for free all season.

kevstok said:
... I have noticed a lot of the HD channels often say "Channel will be available soon". Then I go back later and they are on. Is this normal or is something wrong with my box?

That seems to be a problem/feature/issue with the Motorola boxes. They seem to take awhile sometimes to update, sometimes hours. It may do it again when the power goes out. It seems they may be more sensative to signal level issues. I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300 (2 actually and the 8000s before that) and they never have this issue.

Channel will be available soon

kevstok said:
I just had Comcast installed with HD/DVR. Previous Directv user. I have noticed a lot of the HD channels often say "Channel will be available soon". Then I go back later and they are on. Is this normal or is something wrong with my box?

I see that especially when going from SD to HD stations. The delay can be anywhere from 1 sec to what feels like 10 seconds but if you wait, the channels will appear. I did not know that it was specific to the Motorola DVRs (oh well). Other than the DCT-6412 is a great STB (I would never thought that I would have said that back in may when I had my first box which was defective). I have 2 DCT-6412s (one older version and one Series III) both are working well. Welcome to Comcast! I left Directv for Voom (the best month and one half of HD TV that I could have imagined with 41 HD stations) . I would still be with Voom if they had survived (then I joined Comcast on dish buyback program). Talk about HD withdrawalls!
Wayne

I have the Motorola 6412 Series III. It seems to be only happening with INHD and INHD2. They always have the same message. "Please wait, the picture will be availble shortly." However, I have yet to see them on in the 4 days I have had Comcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)