new to direct tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

c00terj

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
i new at all of this and have a few question i will be getting direct tv for the sunday ticket. i will be using a pole mount with a 6 foot pole and was wondering what kind of dish would be getting i will have one hd receiver and one standard. also i live in san diego so i want to know what satellites my dish needs to point to

They will install a slimline dish, which requires a 2" OD pole.

Receivers, expect an H21 and D12.

The satellites include 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119 - but the installer will take care of that.

Before you order, we have referral info on the main thread stickies, and our sponser Plasma concepts has a $100 extra rebate if you order through them, on top of the best D* offer.

does 2" od pole something i need to buy extra or will the installer have that on them.
and i'm not sure does my dish need to point to all of those satellites or just one or two causes i live in an apartment and from 110 and 119 would be very hard for my dish to see

does 2" od pole something i need to buy extra or will the installer have that on them.
and i'm not sure does my dish need to point to all of those satellites or just one or two causes i live in an apartment and from 110 and 119 would be very hard for my dish to see

The dish would point at all the sats.
Do you have a clear view to the South ?
btw, I answered another question of yours in another of your threads, the same as what Jason did above, please try to keep it to one thread so we don't have to jump around and end up answering twice,
Thanks cOOterj,

Jimbo

i have a clear view of the east and partial of the south. its not blocked by trees or buildings. just that the building ends. i know i could get a clear view for 101 103 99 maybe 110 but not 119 could that be a problem

i have a clear view of the east and partial of the south. its not blocked by trees or buildings. just that the building ends. i know i could get a clear view for 101 103 99 maybe 110 but not 119 could that be a problem

Maybe, maybe not, most installer will not install unless they can get ALL the sats.
There is not much on the 119 anymore and eventually D* will be moving everything to the 99,101,103 array of sats, just not yet.

If your doing it yourself, then YES you could get by with missing the 119 probably.

Jimbo

is there anyway of getting my install date moved up right now its the 19

is there anyway of getting my install date moved up right now its the 19

Call and ask, also you could call the installation company direct and ask to be put on thier Cancellation list, if someone cancels they will come out to do yours, I've done that before.

D* will call for you or give you the number if you ask.

Jimbo

if i have a pole mount would they be able to install the dish on it even if it has 5 lnbs

what is that cause i hear alot about that pole right now i have a 6 foot steel pole

what is that cause i hear alot about that pole right now i have a 6 foot steel pole

I used a 16' Galvinized thick wall pole, buried it in 30" of concrete with a bolt thru the bottom of it, it worked great.
It has to be 2" for the dish mount to fit properly, they use to use 1 5/8th, but went to the 2" when they started with the 5 LNB set ups.

Jimbo

how can i tell if the pole i have is like that

Measure it?

Also if your looking to get HD and are certain you can see 103, 101 and 99 but not 110/119 you could look at buying your own 3lnb slimline SWM LNB/Power Inserter/STS4D* Splitter. I know its being tested in 72.5 markets atm but not sure if any are for sale.

ATM the 110 isnt used for normal programming just some specialized and locals and fo HD the 119 is mirroring Mpeg2 like it was but those channels are now on 99/103 as MPEG4 but the HD Guide data still streams off the 119 for 5lnb markets. So I am not 100% certain a 3 LNB Slimline will work out of test markets, unless if you select the 3lnb during setup teh software automatically uses the 99 datastream for guide data.

Measure it?

Also if your looking to get HD and are certain you can see 103, 101 and 99 but not 110/119 you could look at buying your own 3lnb slimline SWM LNB/Power Inserter/STS4D* Splitter. I know its being tested in 72.5 markets atm but not sure if any are for sale.

ATM the 110 isnt used for normal programming just some specialized and locals and fo HD the 119 is mirroring Mpeg2 like it was but those channels are now on 99/103 as MPEG4 but the HD Guide data still streams off the 119 for 5lnb markets. So I am not 100% certain a 3 LNB Slimline will work out of test markets, unless if you select the 3lnb during setup teh software automatically uses the 99 datastream for guide data.

Are you sure about that ?
If D* has plans of not using the 110 and 119 why would they go to the 119 to get the guide info, why not leave it on the 101 ?

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.