New to Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deanocig

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
What does Direct require compared to Dish network. Do you have to provide a SIN to get an account? Can you get set up where payments are automatically charged to my credit card? How many receivers can I have?

1. SIN? If you mean SSN then Yes, If you want to get any deals out of DirecTV.

2. Yes.

3. As many as you can afford.

SIN or SSN

Social Secuirity Number correct. Can you get it without a SSN?

Yes you can, at least so I have heard. I know of several people that have refused to provide their SSN and have still obtained service. Call them, and let us know what they say...

Social Secuirity Number correct. Can you get it without a SSN?
Yes, but they might want your credit card number(Which you said you were going to give them anyway).

DirecTV wants the ability to collect on any debt you might leave them if you ever cancel before A) paying your bill in full 2)Breaking your 2 year contract. So if you don't want to give them your SSN, a credit card number should do fine(IIRC).

Length of service

Do you have to have a 2 year contract? Could it be month to month, 1 year?

If you want any promotion deal whatsoever with DirecTV you will need that contract to do so. You can go without a contract, but here is what happens. You provide the equipment. You install it yourself. You pay full price for programming. You cannot take advantage of any new customer deals (free movie channels, sports packages, etc...).

I think it would be cheaper to sign up and pay the early cancellation fee than it would be to jump in without a contract and have to pay all that other stuff.

If you want any promotion deal whatsoever with DirecTV you will need that contract to do so.

I think it would be cheaper to sign up and pay the early cancellation fee than it would be to jump in without a contract and have to pay all that other stuff.
+1 Without a SSN or CC number(And a 2 year contract) you won't get any deals out of DirecTV. The average set up cost without at least one of those is about $300(And it goes up from there after the first receiver).

DirecTV will credit you back over so many month the start up fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts