New to Dish - Looking for Feedback

mseaton80

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Hey guys - making the switch to Dish from DirecTV, their 2 year price lock lured me in. I have questions regarding the equipment, hopefully you can help. I am currently set to get this hardware on Monday morning:

1 Hopper
1 Super Joey (want the extra tuners)
1 Joey

Should I just upgrade the Super Joey to a 2nd Hopper, wouldn't it just be like $2 a month more? Can you use picture in picture on all the receivers, or is that specific to the Hoppers?

Does anyone have the USB OTA adapter, and does it integrate right into the Hopper channel guide? I live in Oklahoma, so this is a very nice to have feature when severe weather blocks our satellite feed.

And finally, if I have two hoppers, can I pull one to take in our RV? I wasn't sure if that would work, or it it were dependent on the other hopper for activation?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Welcome to our DISH family! If you were to exchange the Super Joey for another Hopper , there will be an additional $2 and the PIP will only work on the Hoppers.

If you will PM me with the phone & 4 digit PIN number for further assistance?

Thanks.

It makes more sense to get 2 Hoppers over a Super Joey given the small cost difference. If one would have problems, you have a backup. Yes, the primary, network OTA stations will meld in with the program guide....BUT dish does not provide all guide data for many sub channels. Depends on the DMA.

Thanks guys! Yeah, 2 hoppers seems like the way to go, can't wait to get it all setup tomorrow.

Last question, can one of the hoppers be pulled and go on the road with me?

If you have a solo node connected in the RV, and a Dish that is capable of handling multiple tuners, yes.

Just one other thing, be sure to Pm one of us for a referral certificate if you don't have one already. I got a few ready to go of you want to save that additional $50.

Thanks guys! Yeah, 2 hoppers seems like the way to go, can't wait to get it all setup tomorrow.

Last question, can one of the hoppers be pulled and go on the road with me?
Thought I added this but I guess not. Dish will tell you have to have one Joey per Hopper, unless things have changed. Just agree, and tell the installer you don't need one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)