New To Dish Network - Reciever Questions

Well I'm going to try out the 522 unit for 5 extra a month. I'll use the replay to record most of my stuff... maybe dedicate the replay to movies and the 522 to recording sitcoms or yoga. Even if it does have some problems with recording the updates will eventually fix it, and the actual recieving of a station and showing it on tv shouldn't matter between the 311,322,522.

I'll have to hook the replay up to tv1 out because of the IR blaster. UHF will be secondary tv in bedroom.

I know I'll have to fix the screensaver but that is small potatoes.

I've heard you want an installed system that gets 95-100 signal for a single unit. What am I looking for 'minimum' acceptable signal from an installer for a dual lnb/reciever unit?

Can I request the guy hook up the replay with it or does he have to install it without replay than leave me to figure it out and redo his wiring?

As an installer signal strength for me on 311, 301, 510, and older single units should be between 115 - 125 on 119 transponder 11, and 105 - 113 on 110 transponder 11.

322, 522, 811 should get between 105 - 112 on 119, and 95 - 100 on 110. These units will not register as high as the others.

Most of the time I will hit 125 on 119 with the single units. On the dual tuners I will get atleast 110 on 119. Anything less and I feel like I did not give the customer what they paid for.

This is all on the Dish 500, in lower Michigan.

4 510 does that mean $20 a month in DVR fees?

Should you of not got the 522 that would have $10 in DVR fees since it goes to 2 TV each for a total of 4.

All assuming you do not want the Everything pack

ScottChez said:
4 510 does that mean $20 a month in DVR fees?

Should you of not got the 522 that would have $10 in DVR fees since it goes to 2 TV each for a total of 4.

All assuming you do not want the Everything pack

He would have to purchase the second 522 since DISH won't give new customers two free 522s. At several hundred dollars, it would take a while to recoup the cost.

receiver swaps and cancellation?

I recently got dish, it was installed on Jan 31, and I got a 522 and a 322. When I ordered thru "D", I requested initially two 322 but the installer was saying it was such a great thing.. I decided to try it. I was not impressed with the 522, since I already had tivo and replay tv. It doesn't have most of the features my dvrs have.

Anyways, I have called Dish to say I don't want the 522, that was on 2/19. I still have all the boxes that were left here by the installer. I am waiting for the label to return the dvr. I had wanted to swith the 522 for another 322 but they want to charge me $49 to get it installed. I did not get the contract. I told them I can install it myself. I think its a rip off and I am thinking of cancelling the service all together. So I wanted to ask, if I cancel the service will the send someone to pick up the dish and the other receiver?

Yes call to cancel the service, ask to be passed to there Customer Retention or Winback team. They will take care of you.

Sometimes you may be to call several times to get the right CSR, keep trying, they will make it right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts