New to Dish Please help

ivanbrown

Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
KY
We are getting Dish installed today and the guy has already been here 8 hours and two or our TV's are only getting local channels. We have (1) 722 and (3) 222 boxes, so we can have tv in 8 rooms. 2 of the 222 boxes are only showing local channels in the four rooms, but the other 222 and the 722 is working just fine and the Dish guy says he doesn't know what to do at this point. The 2-222's that are not working are ones that we bought(not from him, but from someone else and they were working fine for them). Does anyone have any ideas of what we could do to get those two boxes working to pick up all the channels that the other boxes are picking up?

Thanks,
Ivan

Obvious question, but has he run a check switch on these two 222 receivers? Menu, 6, 1, 1, check switch.

Also check your system info, Menu, 6, 1, 3 and make sure the satellites listed are in green and they match the ones on the receivers working.

Since you chose to purchase, you're kind of in a bind. The installer can't replace them and he can't trade them in for you.

I would try swapping out the apparently non-working 222s with the working one and see if they work at all. If they work, the installer isn't paying attention. If they both fail, you owe the installer big-time for setting him up with defective equipment.

Is the installer using cable that they installed, or was the cable already in place? (I'm thinking that there may be hidden splitters or other obstacles).

Are the local channels coming from DISH Network, or from a conventional TV antenna?

Non-Work222's

We had direct TV before and he is using alot of the existing cables, except we only had TV in 4 rooms and we are using dish in 8 rooms so he had to add some cable, but I don't think there is a splitter somewhere because when we put the boxes that are working in the rooms where the boxes were at that didn't work, they work ok.

What is odd, is dish can ping the boxes and they work for about 5 minutes and then they lose all the signal except the local channels which is running through dish and not the tv. Dish pinged the boxes 4 times for him and each time they worked about 5 minutes and would quit again.

The installer is coming back Monday to work on it some more and they are going to exchange those boxes out because the person I bought them from on ebay is apparently an authorized dish equipment seller, so hopefully we will get this worked out soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)