New to Dish, PTAT question.

ryanvan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
I am new to Dish (install on the 29th) came from DTV.

On the Genie we can schedule to record a whole season of a show. Let's say Amazing Race for example. That is on CBS. As I understand it PTAT would record that show automatically. However, it will only save that show for 8 days...right? What if I wait past 8 days, it's gone?

So my question: Can I still create a season recording of The Amazing Race and have several shows waiting for me to watch? Or since it's a Primetime network, I can only record it with PTAT?

2nd Question: When a show is recorded via PTAT, it's not available to watch and skip the commercials for 24 hours? I read that somewhere. That seems like something that would be in the 'fine' print.

You can go to the ptat and save series and it will save the series to your segment of the hard drive.

For fox, NBC and non O&O Abc stations, it is 3 am the next morning. For O&O abc is 72 hours, and for all CBS it is 7 days later for Autohop. You can still manually skip commercials on all immediately with the fast forward or skip forward button.

You can create a series timer and specify new or save all episodes. If it is being recorded during PTAT it will create a copy of your show that will go to the no folder -folder unless you specify which folder you do want it to go to. I do this for my shows that I want to transfer to my I-pad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)