New to DVB- ID question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jlhphotec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Black Canyon City, AZ
Howdy all! I've been into C/ku for over 20 years, some of that installing and servicing, but only just picked up a Coship 2300B. I've wanted to get certain channels like The Tube, and Fox News, but the receiver only plucks the video ID. When I try to set the IDs manually, it asks for sound ID,video ID, and PCR ID. What is PCR? It won't let me set the other two without it. If I put something in there, it accepts it, but the audio is badly broken up. Does Lyngsat have that setting under a different name? Should I be able to do this? Any tips you could send along would be greatly appreciated!

Jim H. in Black Canyon City, AZ

I can help a little ;)

Whatever PCR stand for, my setup scans and finds it automatically.
Try using the following settings on G10R's The Tube:

11720MHz
27.69Msps
Vertical
ChID: 1593
SID: 0008
PMT: 0026
PCR: 0032
Video: 0032

Use whatever you need from that info, and see if you still have audio breakup. That should at least iron out if it's a settings problem or just a poor quality level :D

Hope this helps!

Edit: PCR= Program clock reference, is used by receiver to synchronize the video and audio elements. Hence, wrong value may very well create skipping/poor audio.

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Is that PCR value something that varies with each channel, or is that a general receiver value? If it's per channel, is that figure available on Lyngsat? (or comparable service)

PCR is Program Clock Rate. I have found that setting the PCR value the same as the video PID works well.

Thank you very much,gentlemen. So far no luck. I'm going to try swapping LNBs. I've noticed a difference in signal numbers between them in the past. Unfortunately, I'm dealing with just C band right now, my last Ku LNB bit the dust recently. Not quite in the budget yet to replace. In the meantime, room to experiment!

Jim H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts