New to forum and dish ... please help me understand pricing/options!!!

DaveSmithe

Original poster
Dec 21, 2012
nowhere
Hi Everyone!

We just bought our first house, want to finally get rid of cable and at the suggestion of the former home owner who has Dish... I wanted to give Dish a try.

I "think" I have the pricing down, but wanted to make sure I understand a few things:

We want to go with a Hopper and 3 joeys ... Hopper in main living room, joeys in bedrooms.

the plan I think we want to go with is America's Top 250 (with the 3 months of free H B O/Show time/etc...but not keeping that after the 3rd month)

If I understand correclty - the cost would be:
Month 1 to 3 - TOTAL $70.99 ($69.99 + $10 DVR service + $21 3 joeys MINUS $30 online credit)
Month 4 to 12 - TOTAL $80.99 ($69.99 + $10 DVR service + $21 3 joeys + $10 BB at home MINUS $30 online credit)
Month 13 to 24 - TOTAL $110.99 ($69.99 + $10 DVR service + $21 3 joeys + $10 BB at home... no more credits)

1) is this pricing correct (plus taxes of course!)??

2) I do have a gift code and offer code ... how does that affect pricing?

3) can all four in our family watch something different/different channels at the same time? if not, how does that work? How would it be possible for all of us to watch a different channel at the same time?

Sorry for the lengthy post ... just trying to understand how it all works and what the total cost will be each month!!

thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me!!!

Dave

You will need 2 hoppers instead of 1. Each hopper only has 3 tuners so you can only record or watch a combination of 3 things at once. 2 hoppers and 2 joeys will give you 6 tuners to use at 4 locations

Sent from my blazing fast galaxy s3 using SatelliteGuys

Thanks OSU ... BTW, just north of you in Kansas, but I digress ;-)

Trying to save some money and if my math is correct, going this route should save us about $70 a month the first year. Keeping cable for internet because my connection is sweet here ... hopefully I did do the math right!!

Is it easy to cancel that freebie promotion after trial expires (right now dish is offeirng hbo/show/etc free for 3 months ... dont mind having it free, but otherwise didnt want to keep it.)??

Thanks OSU ... BTW, just north of you in Kansas, but I digress ;-)

Trying to save some money and if my math is correct, going this route should save us about $70 a month the first year. Keeping cable for internet because my connection is sweet here ... hopefully I did do the math right!!

Is it easy to cancel that freebie promotion after trial expires (right now dish is offeirng hbo/show/etc free for 3 months ... dont mind having it free, but otherwise didnt want to keep it.)??

Very easy to cancel you premium movie promotions, if you go with Dish this once you have your online account set up, you can set it up so that your promos don't continue after the three months

Also I agree with OSU, get two Hoppers

Welcome to Sattelliteguys!

2 Hoppers is the only way to go (as mentioned above), besides the up front fee, they cost the same as a joey every month ($7). Ordering up front is better since it saves a tech visit.

I see a better deal for anyone at the Dish site, I didn't even know Dish did the three month thing, I only have seen that at Direct TV and some Cable "Deals." ............
So what I see as a very good deal - AEP - which is Top250 plus all the premium movies for 74.99 a month for 12 months. That's a whopping $45 less than the regular price will be per month soon. Be advised, after 12 months you can go to any qualifying package for the remaining 12 months.
If you don't want that, then the Top250 is $39.00 for 12 months, then no more credits, and you can keep any qualifying package....
(I should add I am unclear if the actual price is guaranteed, or just the credits. Meaning I'm not certain when the prices go up these won't but you would still be paying $30 less a month...)

You really don't want one Hoppa and three Joey's, and no, one Joey would not be able to watch a separate channel, though it could watch any recorded material. Get two Hoppa's and two Joey's for many reasons already gone over in other threads........ You will pay a one time up front cost for the second Hoppa, but the monthly cost is the same as a Joey, in my opinion a very good Dish deal....

I see a better deal for anyone at the Dish site, I didn't even know Dish did the three month thing, I only have seen that at Direct TV and some Cable "Deals." ............
So what I see as a very good deal - AEP - which is Top250 plus all the premium movies for 74.99 a month for 12 months. That's a whopping $45 less than the regular price will be per month soon. Be advised, after 12 months you can go to any qualifying package for the remaining 12 months.
If you don't want that, then the Top250 is $39.00 for 12 months, then no more credits, and you can keep any qualifying package....
(I should add I am unclear if the actual price is guaranteed, or just the credits. Meaning I'm not certain when the prices go up these won't but you would still be paying $30 less a month...)

You really don't want one Hoppa and three Joey's, and no, one Joey would not be able to watch a separate channel, though it could watch any recorded material. Get two Hoppa's and two Joey's for many reasons already gone over in other threads........ You will pay a one time up front cost for the second Hoppa, but the monthly cost is the same as a Joey, in my opinion a very good Dish deal....

thanks guys ...

So Tampa ... if I understood you correct - even though we would be in a 2 year agreement, after the first year of having say the AEP, we could then drop down to the Top250 plan? In other words, we are not tied to a two year agreement that we HAVE to stick with one plan (just have to stay with Dish for 2 years, regardless of plan)?

Is there a fee to change plans?

There isn't a time requirement to keep a package and you aren't locked into a package during the first year. If you change a package within 30 days of adding it then there is a $5 program change fee. After 30 days no fee. If you kept AEP for the first two months then decide to go down to the AT200, then your bill would go down and your credits would change to the new customer AT200 credit. As long as you are in the first 12 months then you get the new customer promo even if you change program package.

There isn't a time requirement to keep a package and you aren't locked into a package during the first year. If you change a package within 30 days of adding it then there is a $5 program change fee. After 30 days no fee. If you kept AEP for the first two months then decide to go down to the AT200, then your bill would go down and your credits would change to the new customer AT200 credit. As long as you are in the first 12 months then you get the new customer promo even if you change program package.

Sweet ... thanks Lucky and Tampa for that info!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)