New to forum, have a BIG question!

TheFuzz

Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
I have perused this forum on occasion and would like to say hello to everyone, as I am new to this forum.

I am attempting a complicated install of a 942 box. Here is what I would like to do. I have the following displays which I would like to drive all from one 942;
1. Sharp 26" LCD HDTV driven via the HDMI output from the 942.
2. Panasonic 42" Plasma display driven by the component output on the 942. Audio via the Optical cable into a Marantz receiver, then onto the 3 in-wall speakers.
3. Sharp 20" LCD TV driven via the "TV2" outputs of the 942 (composite video, L/R analog audio)
4. Sharp 13" LCD TV, not sure how I am gonna drive this one...I thought the 942 had an old fashioned cable output on the receiver, but it does not look like it does. So not sure what to do with this one.

So, can I do all this? Will the box drive all of these components simultaneously? What to do w/that 4th TV? The reason I am trying to combine so much on one box is I will be running a seperate 942 box to drive my dedicated home theater room and don't want anything else connected to it.

Any help is appreciated, thank you all.

Someone just said in another forum that the "TV2" output can not be active simultaneously with the HDMI/component output? Is this true?

OK, so are the HDMI and component outputs active at the same time? If so, then I can go HDMI directly to the 26" Sharp. Then go component/toslink audio to the receiver and output component video from the receiver to my Matrix V3 converter. This will then allow me to simultaneously output both component and s-video to two displays. This will drive the Panasonic plasma via component and the 20" Sharp via s-video.

Finally I can use the "stereo modulated output" on the 942 to drive the 13" Sharp.

The only other problem is outputting audio to the 20" Sharp which have to be done via a multi-room feature on the receiver which, correct me if I am wrong, I know of no receiver that can take a digital audio signal and convert it to multi-room analog audio output.

This is so confusing!!!!

I really don't know the answer, I know with the 921 you could not use component and dvi at the same time (There was not enough power in the unit and you could actually fry the power supply)

Not sure with the 942 if you can use the HDMI and component at the same time. My 3 HDTV's do not have HDMI so I can't test it.

Does anyone know?

I think I have this all figured out. If I buy this product, http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=2757
I can hook up my 942 and an HDMI DVD player. Then output HDMI directly to the Sharp 26" and go HDMI to DVI to the Panasonic (no HDMI). Route the audio for the Panny to the receiver via toslink then to the speakers via normal connections.

Finally, go component out and analog L/R to the Sharp 20".

That leaves the 13" LCD which correct me if I am wrong...I can use the FM modulated out on TV2 from the 942 to drive that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts