New to FTA and need help installing LNB and a few other Questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well.... I am delayed. Got a portable TV, Bought a magnetic angle finder and mounted it to the back center of the dish to get a rough ideal of the elevation, drug the dish out and got it all setup in a clear part of the yard, Just as I was starting the LNB input on the back of the receiver broke off. It will have to be shipped back for repair/replacement it looks like. The receiver was made in April of 09 and is practically new, Its only the third time I tried setting it up. I am not sure if I got a bad unit, or if weak coax inputs are a weakness of this model.

I am going to contact the place I bought it from and see what they can do for me, hopefully they can just replace it, then I will only be out a few weeks.

I appreciate everyones advice, I think I know what I need to do to have a shot at getting it setup, Just on a string of bad luck that is delaying me.

aebcoat

Nice to hear, you're a step closer. Just keep in mind Turbosat's advice on a large C-band dish requiring a specially designed Ku-band LNB to illuminate its all surface. Otherwise only a small part of your large dish may be illuminated with a standard Ku-band LNB, giving much weaker signal. Also, try to extend the LNB's mounting post, so that you can find its proper focal point by moving along the post while watching signal Q, once you aimed the dish on a sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts