Bad Experienc with one of the FTA equipment sellers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hi I just had to vent somewhere, and this is as good place:rant:.
This involves a known FTA retailer, I ordered 2 new receivers on for my mother and one for myself, I received the receivers BUT there was no remote include with either one of them and also other items missing. My mom lives 3hrs away and I had plan to visit her and swap the receivers out. I called them 2 times and send them a message no response yet, granted I have only received them about 3hrs ago so I will not mention the name of the company just yet but depending on the outcome I will mention the name so others can be aware. I am surprised by this so because this company is not an unknown. If I do not hear from them today I guess I will call the credit card company and talk to them. And of course I will give them praise if it is resolved in a good way. I find it a little disturbing that both remotes would be missing I can almost understand one but both??
And yes the remote is supposed to be include they are brand new receivers.

Not much information to go on, but just in case... We had our staff double check for missed emails or an unreturned voice mail. Can not find any open issues regarding missing remotes or accessories. Hope that this is resolved quickly and without additional problems!

Sent via Brian's iPhone

No no Brian it was not you guys at Satellite Av by the way when I ordered the system for my mom which was a stationary system you guys did very well no problems . This is someone else you did not carry the receiver brand I was looking for so thank you for your concern.

Did you double check all the packing material?

I remember a common problem with a motor several years ago.
The bracket was wrapped up and shoved into the end of the box (maybe under a piece of cardboard?), and was easily overlooked.
More than one member came to the forum with -that- complaint! - :D

Remotes without batteries weigh very little, and are easily missed when handling the packing.
What you probably won't overlook, is the batteries - they weigh a bit more.

Hope you find 'em or get them replaced.
Best of luck. - :up

Hey Anole
Believe me when I say I looked , and actually this receiver's boxes have a place for them, if it was just the batteries missing that would not get me all worked up and actually some of the other items would not bother me that much but the remotes yes. And if I had only ordered one and it was missing I could almost say oh well maybe this one but I got 2 delivered in the same package and both gone.

Update I just received an email from the company saying they will ship the missing items so stay tuned . At least initial response is good. I guess now we will see how long to ship and hope the remotes are OEM for this receivers and not well....
So far a little more calm since they did respond in a timely manner hope the stuff also shows up in a timely manner .

What receiver? Maybe there is a shortage of remotes for them and the seller had been taking them out of new boxed receivers to "fix" other customers!

It is very hard when one is disappointed on a product one has ordered and waited for the arrival. To get a responce the same day is very good for a lot of companies these days. Most are extremely busy and can not constantly check their email or phones. It sounds as if they are trying to solve the issue for you, but I know it can be very disappointing for you.

Why all the hush hush on saying which company it was I wonder

First turbosat
I can understand a company doing what you said to fix other customers but I have a hard time understanding not checking a product before you ship specially when it takes 9 days to arrive (7 working days).

Larry1.
Yes they did send me am email to tell me "Sorry for the problem. We will send you all the missing accessories you mentioned below." which is a good thing I asked when will they will ship the missing items but no reply yet . Hate to have to wait for a month for the remotes "which I will not" before that I will ship the receivers back and contact my credit card company. But I hope is before then.

pro96,
I have dealt with several FTA companies with pretty good results so far. First time for this company I believe on giving a business time to correct an error but if it does not happen as I expect I will let everyone know who it is . Just so the rest of the FTA community can use their own judgement hate for something like this not be a careless mistake and have other members here go tru this . Like I said at the begining 2 receivers no remote for any.

melbfa

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

If it is our company you bought these receivers from, I don't mind if you mention that and let me know. You can do it here in this thread or in PM if you wish.

Mistakes happen and and should be fixed promptly.

There could be a reason for this to happen, for example:

This could have been missed by the factory from the get go. We don't check every receiver box we ship out. We do a random check only. It would be easily missed and these two receivers could have been picked up from the same carton.

These could also be the last stock of a certain model. Remotes where probably removed due to shortage of remotes and had been taking out of new boxed receivers to "fix" other customers!

Anyway, this can easily be remedied if the remotes are in stock. No need to panic if you are dealing with a reputable dealer.

Best regards.

Yep, I can say in the orders I have had with Sadoun, all have been great. Even the couple where an item was missing, just a quick call and the nice lady that answered the phone took care of it, really without more questions than would be necessary. I'm sure all will be taken care of if the dealer is reputable.

Strange that the remote would be outside of the receiver box. :confused:

My first experience ordering FTA involved purchasing a complete motorized system which I currently use. Everything arrived except the LNB. It took several follow up calls to get the seller to actually check the order. The seller, who spoke very little English, kept asking me to recheck the box. DUH?! If it's not in the box, it's NOT in the box. :rant:

I wanted to scream, but I somehow maintained self control and kept at it as politely as humanly possible. Finally, I got some response and they actually checked the shipping weight. Sure enough, the original measured weight came up short the exact weight of the missing LNB. Calling back confirmed that the LNB was shipped to complete the order.

Yes, purchasing from an unknown company to save a few bucks can be very risky, but my story had a happy ending.

I plan to purchase from one of the SatelliteGuys sponsors next time around. I don't need any more gray hair.

I have not had a chance to discuss with anyone of our staff in the office to see if we have received any emails or voice mails because as I'm reading this thread its about 1AM. I sure will check to see if we received a complaint about missing remotes.

I agree it's very disapointing when you place a mail order and wait & wait for the the product to arrive, and find out it is missing parts or it's the wrong item when it finally comes in. I don't think any company does it intentially, but at the same time, the company should resolve the issue as soon as possible.

As Sadoun said earlier, it's very hard to check every single box that is packaged by the manufacturer because you trust the manufacturer has done their job to properly package the item and has included everything in the box, be it a satellite receiver, a LNBF, motor, or anything else.

I can guarantee you that if it was us, we will take care of it ASAP and will send you the remotes.

The good thing about buying from a forum sponsor is that if all fails, you will have access to PM the person who can make the ultimate and the correct decision if something like this was to come up.

Please let me know if it was us and I'll personally make sure you are taken care of.

good times:

I've had both PM conversations and phone conversations with all three of the gold sponsors who replied above.
Once you are one-to-one with them, they are all as nice a bunch of folks as you could ask to meet.
Next time there's a satellite convention where they're all congregated, I'll have to go meet 'em in person. - :cool:

So, if you ever have a problem with any of -them-, just drop 'em a PM, email, or phone call, and they'll sure take good care of ya. - :up

Why all the hush hush on saying which company it was I wonder

I managed a department within a Fortune 150 company for 15 years. In a negotiations training seminar I was taught to always provide for a positive exit whether the subject be an animal, human or organization. Cornering a subject can result in highly negative results. Melbfla's approach is most commendable and has resulted in a positive outcome.

Next time there's a satellite convention where they're all congregated, I'll have to go meet 'em in person. - :cool:

I would love to go to a FTA convention and meet all of the Satellite guys. The next time Sadoun has a parking lot sale he can have some kind of FTA meet and convention. :up:up
Mike Lib

Last edited:
These things tend to happen from time to time and I am sure it is a mistake that can easily be corrected.

Last month I ordered a scalar ring from WS International and when it arrived the hardware was missing. However, Robby quickly sent me out the hardware that was missing. They are certainly a company that stands behind their products and I will be ordering from them again and again in the future.

This is why it's important to deal with reputable dealers like our sponsors... service. It's like buying from a friend.

In the past 2 years I have bought items and supplies from only Sadoun, SatAV and more recently WSIATLANTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.