New to FTA insterested in Mexican Soccer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uriel

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi everyone, aside from the azteca channels on 93w is there any other locations that have Mexican channels or show soccer?

If you have a C-band dish point it at either 113°W or 116.8°W and you'll pick up ALOT of Spanish channels. 121°W is another place but still requires c-band.
When I was just starting out last summer, I saw a Soccer game on at least one channel at pretty much any hour. Can't say where it was since I can't speak Spanish, that and I only follow Scottish Premier League and Serie A (Italy) unless it's Eurocup or Worldcup.

sm5 or sm6 c-band have a lot of mexican programming and an occasional soccer game raw feed. I think most are fibered or occur close enough to Mexico City to be microwaveable to the broadcaster.

I don't see very many soccer games on Ku-band outside of MLS soccer (yes, I know, non-mexican) and whatever college games you might see on CBSCSN.

Telemundo from New Mexico is on AMC 5 at 79.0 W shows some mexico soccer on the weekends. Also, satmex 6 ku band has a televisa station from tijuana, B.C., Mexico which shows soccer.

Univision or Telemundo on 123w maybe? If you like soccer in general, 97w has a lot of soccer. Seems to be mostly middle eastern though.

I have a spare 80 cm dish ill try to aim it at satmex in 116 ku to see if i could get that tijuana station. Thanks everyone c band might be the best option.

satmex 6 ku band has a televisa station from tijuana, B.C., Mexico which shows soccer.

It's not listed on Lyngsat , is the station 24/7 and if you can please list Frequency polarity and symbol rate , oh and verify that it is still there.

at the moment I have my Visionsat receiver hooked up and haven't had time to calibrate my motors position so I'm looking at only one bird , but I'd like to see more televisa channels.

Over The Air:

Uriel -
I see you are in the Los Angeles area.
There are 50-60 TV channels available over the air with either a new digital TV or a DTV converter box.
Have you tried all those channels?
I'm about 25 miles south of Mount Wilson (where all the transmitters are located), and get most everything with rabbit ears sitting on a high shelf! - :eek:
(but my outdoor antenna works better, and I recommend one)

Yeah I have those OTA channels im just interested in more variety plus I just discovered that some soccer HD feeds are on AMC 15 so this keeps getting interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts