new to fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teamdoo14

Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
I have been advised by a friend to geta pansat 2700 .Is this a reciever that is legal? I dont want to get in any trouble.Also will a slim line ka/ku dish work? thanks

All FTA receivers are legal as long as they do not have illegal software on them. (It is illegal to pickup pay programing without paying for it) For FTA you need a 31" dish or larger.

I have been trying to learn as much as possible.But the terminology is tough.I have no idea what programming is out there for fta. Ill be blunt what about tvland, or tnt, or espn local home games of sports?

Take a look at TheList for an idea of the permanent channels.

(There are a lot of sports on FTA but they come as feeds not an actually permanent channel (They appear during the event, and you have to find them by searching the satellites) these will not be on a list.)

To me, this hobby is more of a sport--like fishing--the challenge is seeing what channels you can reel in!

As a rule, you will not find premium sports, movie, or cable channels up there in the clear. There are a few exceptions, most on C-Band, and of course the previously-mentioned occasional feeds. But there IS plenty of free programming up there to watch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts