New to FTA...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JonStevo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I just got hold of a 2500A Pansat, and I think the guy I got it from had/has hacked software on it. How (or can I) get this back to a real FTA? I sub to DirectTV and have NO interest in the hacking, but FTA sound like some fun. I have done some searching and I think the file I need is Pansat 2500A_040310_221_api.bin. But I am not sure, and dont wont to load hacked (cr*p) on it.

Also, is there some way to tell what is loaded? I also did a "Factory Settings". On system information I get Pansat 2500A Sv:2.22N-Bt6.0 (small TV, hard to see!) 06.07.2004

Thanks

p.s. Thanks for a great site, and I'll be back (as our Governater Says)

Woow, quick replay, thanks... Duuu, Dump ass, me.... I must have looked at 10's of sites. But not the maker....

I also got a DS-2076 Dish and a DMS I'nl ASC321 LNB, Im I good to go start playing? What Sat would be the best to lock into here in So. Cal.? G10R I have clear sky from (compass reading) from 80 to 280.

Same dish and LNB as I have, you're good to go.
Depends what you're into as to which sat to hit first, T5 and T6 are supposed to be good, I like AMC4 and G10R
Try here:

http://www.lyngsat.com

And see what's out there.
You know you'll need a motor soon, right? :)

When you do the factory reset download you will need a 'STRAIGHT THRU' RS232 cable. Not a NULL MODEM Cable. Null Modem cables are only from 2500 to 2500.

If you feel like DIY, go to your local computer store and see if they have 2 dead monitors you can scrounge. Cut the cables off and make your own. You only use 3 wires out of the 9 and the diagram is in the manual. :D

I am not home in front of my receiver but it sounds like the guy did not completely botch the software. I cannot remember if you can delete satellites from the Pansat menu are not. I know you can delete specific transponders from a selected satellite from the menu. But if you can delete the satellites from the menu then all those channels should disappear. And you would have a fairly clear channel list to start with.
This might be easier than doing the software.

You might want to start with IA5 (formerly T5). Then use that as a benchmark to find G10R or whatever other sat you wish to view.

And this (legal fta) is a world of fun. I live in Tx and the weather (sorry Iceberg) is such that I just move my dish manually (it is mounted on a platform and I change the el with wooden blocks). One of these days when my travel slows down I will consider a motorized system.

Good luck and enjoy.

Well, I got my first sat, today... And you guys would love the "test rig". Tomorrow I will take a picture and post it...

I was searching for AMC4 and got T5!! Now I have to learn Arabic... LOL

AMC4 just few degree west on T5, enjoy while it is still in the clear. I just wonder if Tan will be in the clear for long ? just did installation yesterday for two Korean family that ordered system from Korean company, ooh they uses Humax receiver.

Lol........

Just a quick test rig!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF0062.jpg
    DSCF0062.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 181
I dont like yer flag much : ) But that is one cool set up, great pics, thanks!

Mark_AR said:
If you feel like DIY, go to your local computer store and see if they have 2 dead monitors you can scrounge. Cut the cables off and make your own. You only use 3 wires out of the 9 and the diagram is in the manual. :D

I ERR'ed. :(

Wrong gender. Monitor cables are MALE on the end. You need Fem-to-Fem. I was a good idea though.

I did think of a solution. :eureka

2 old ATARI joysticks. They have Female DB9 connectors. :D

Mark_AR said:
I ERR'ed. :(

Wrong gender. Monitor cables are MALE on the end. You need Fem-to-Fem. I was a good idea though.

I did think of a solution. :eureka

2 old ATARI joysticks. They have Female DB9 connectors. :D
Not to mention unless you're talking CGA, most people's monitor connectors are 15-pin.

The atari joystick idea is good but I'm too fond of the 2600 to support that :cool:... However, since we're in the world of CGA and 2600's maybe it would be easiest to track down some serial mice and cannibalize their cables.

Sort-of on topic: thanks Mark for the Pansat 2500A, it arrived today! :D It turns out your first email with the tracking number was missing a 0 in the middle of the number.

TuxCoder said:
Sort-of on topic: thanks Mark for the Pansat 2500A, it arrived today! :D It turns out your first email with the tracking number was missing a 0 in the middle of the number.

Thats what happens when you type with 1 finger. I had to close 1 eye to read the zero's. Missed one. Oops!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)