New to FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

granadaguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2009
Michigan
First of all congrats for this site, very helpful to all the newbies.
I am installing my new viewsat vs2000 ultra receiver and I got "stuck", I have to download the bin files to my 2 gb usb then transfer them to the receiver.
I've checked viewsat web site but I dont see any bin files for the viewsat vs 2000 ultra.
Please help !!.
Thanks in advance.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone !!

Cheers from Michigan.

Good morning all.
Thank you for your quick answers to "my oroblem"
After I started doing the intallation ( set-up antenna, did auto-scan ) I did not get any video or good signal. I believe my connections are wrong.
I have a 10' mesh dish wich my 4dtv move from H to H.
When rtve started sending their tv signal to this side of the Atlantic I was one happy camper ( I was born there ), then it went digital wich encrypted the signal, I had to get a sr-332- next level receiver ( wich was slave to my 4dtv ) and had to joy to watch it for few years, around first of the year they encrypted the signal on 4 channels ( I think nagra ), still have 4 channels FTA that I can get thru the sr-3320.
Now I wanted to see what else it's up there for FREE since my sr-3320 will be obsolote once rtve decides to stop they signal on those 4 FTA channles.
Think I am gonna have to wait for my tech. to come over and do the installation because I'm at a stand still at the momment ( he's the one that sugested for me to get the viewsat ).
Enjoy the weekend !!!!.

What satellite is that channel on-I don't recall ever hearing of it or seeing it. Couldn't find it on lyngsat either.

edit: I found the rtve website, but couldn't read enough of it to help. Then I found some rtve channels on lyngsat, at 27.5W Hispasat, on ku band, they show to be scrambled already-using either Nagravision or powervu encryption. They may be available on some other satellite or on c-band but I couldn't find any reference to c-band signals for US reception.

Last edited:
ALL SET HERE

:) I am one happy camper ( again ).
After changing few connections got it all properly working and running like a charm :))))))).
Turbo I did find 37 channels on hispasat all FTA ( but guess what ?...I still need my sr-3320 receiver to view the 4 channels that rtve still broadcast FTA - canal vasco, canal de galicia, ati and canal de cataluña ...weird...i thought since are FTA this new box should be able to pick up the signal ), there are like 15 channels from the middle east if anybody is interested in knowing, once my tech gets to twick the dish ( it's being long time since last time he did any adjustments ) i should be able to pick up 3 more channels I'm missing.
NOW RELAX AND ENJOY MY NEW BOX :).
Will talk soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)