new to fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

queeny

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
south carolina
:eek:I have a viewsat altra 36 in dish motor lnb with l&c connecters can anyone give me a hint how to set it up have gotten some sats not sure i,m on ark. my main problem is I can,t get motor to turn threw receiver .I can do manually on motor itself up on roof of course.and do i need to use a disq port to set up for cband and ku any help will be great remember dumb as rock at this I have no clue or help on this thanks for your time

Cabling should go....
Receiver----->Motor----->"L" port on the LNB

lnb with l&c connecters...for cband and ku
Does it look like this...
Invacom QPH031 Ku Band Linear Circular LNB | Great for Galaxy 10R Galaxy 25 AMC 4 and others
If so, it's Ku only "C"ircular and "L"inear signals.

You first need to Lock your True South Sat, it's the Sat that is at the same Longitude as your location.
What is your location?

I can do manually on motor itself up on roof of course
In the receiver's setup menu, you need to set the Motor option to USALS and enter your Lat and Long. xx.xNorth and xx.x West (east is the default)
Other settings in your True South Sat setup menu:
LNB: Standard or Single
LNB Freq L.O.: 10750
Motor: USALS, in the sub-menu select Go to Ref, that should drive the motor to it's Zero point.
Transponder: You must have a Hot TP selected for the Quality Meter to light up.

With the motor at Zero, set the Motor's "Latitude" scale to your Lat (not the Elevation scale)

Where are you located / zip code?

more USALS

Remember to check the settings for each satellite you want to receive, on the rec I have, you must turn ON the motor for every one individually.

motor

I can,t get my motor to move threw receiver have power can do manualy (on motor it self. I have a viewsat ultra anyone got any hints what I,m doing wrong.Have gone to usal programed in (I think .most be missing something

I can,t get my motor to move threw receiver have power can do manualy (on motor it self. I have a viewsat ultra anyone got any hints what I,m doing wrong.Have gone to usal programed in (I think .most be missing something
Did you Lock your True South Sat?
South Carolina is big what is you Zip Code?

bout to give up

anyone in the south carolina area ,got everything to get fta can,t seem to get it right old fart here (54) bout had enough :0) need a pro

anyone in the south carolina area ,got everything to get fta can,t seem to get it right old fart here (54) bout had enough :0) need a pro

Don't give up!.... And don't let it get you mad.
Sounds like you have a good 90% of the job already done.
Can you tell us what satellite are you trying to locate?
What dish and receiver you have?
Is it a motorized dish?
What have you done so far?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts