NFusion HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

homeyg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
USA
Alright guys, I just ordered an Nfusion HD with 8psk. Did I make a mistake? I'd like an HD box that blindscans, but now have discovered that it (Nfusion) does not according to this post. It ships on 10/14/09. I can return and buy something else.

Alright guys, I just ordered an Nfusion HD with 8psk. Did I make a mistake? I'd like an HD box that blindscans, but now have discovered that it (Nfusion) does not according to this post. It ships on 10/14/09. I can return and buy something else.

I don't know if you made a mistake, as it depends on what transponders you're trying to receive, what kind of dish/lnb you have, etc. It also depends upon the answer to the question I asked above, which I still haven't seen an answer to from anyone who owns one, ie whether the 8PSK module on this receiver does DVB-S2, Turbo, or both. Some dealers have adds that say that it does DVB-S2, but I really doubt that this is the case. If you do keep the thing, perhaps you can tell us if it locks DVB-S2 8PSK or just Turbo.

Nfusion HD is it worth buying?

I just ordered this unit and it should arrive next week. I understand that it does not have blind scan. Does anyone have experience with this unit?

Nfusion and K-box are iks pirate receivers not much use for anything else, don't even think it will get dvb-s2, the board will only work on Bell and Dish HD.

Well, I guess I will see if it's "all that". I have no interest in piracy, just good FTA.

I don't know if you made a mistake, as it depends on what transponders you're trying to receive, what kind of dish/lnb you have, etc. It also depends upon the answer to the question I asked above, which I still haven't seen an answer to from anyone who owns one, ie whether the 8PSK module on this receiver does DVB-S2, Turbo, or both. Some dealers have adds that say that it does DVB-S2, but I really doubt that this is the case. If you do keep the thing, perhaps you can tell us if it locks DVB-S2 8PSK or just Turbo.

I have a 39.3 Fortec and a Saduon lnb and a 380 motor.

Homey,

I really have not too much positive things to say regarding the NFusion receivers. I didn't use them long enough to truly evaluate them. But, tdti pretty much nailed it. It is a hack box. Now, don't take that incorrectly as the Coolsat receivers can also be hacked or should I say used to hack. And I LOVE the Coolsat 5K! The later Coolsat models were obviously directed specifically toward that enterprise and (thank goodness) I never forked out any money for those later Coolsat models. Someone else did that for me and I learned from their experience.

I picked up the NFusion Nuvenio for the notion that it could be used as a PVR, but couldn't really get it to play ball with FTA and the blind scan option of course. I retired it rather quickly. A rather expensive learning experience.

I have not tried every receiver make and model available of course, but I still cannot discount the value of the Coolsat 5000 (or 6000) receivers or the Fortec Star Dynamic and similar models.

These units are perfect for standard definition reception and are very user friendly and they are also work horses to boot! You just cannot beat them!

Currently, I am testing an AZBox Premium and, although it does not blind scan, I have to say that I like quite well. Obviously, there are other makes and models available that do all sorts of things, but you best be cautious about paying money for a box that is designed specifically for hackware. They generally don't work very well for honest use. If they do, it is a surprise.

If you have the opportunity to return the Nfusion, I think I would and apply the money to something more legitimate. Otherwise, you might end up storing that receiver in a closet, rather than using it.

I still have the very same Coolsat 5K in my entertainment center that I bought back when they first were sold, what is that...... five years ago or a little more???? It still is kicking butt today and I wouldn't part with it even though it can only handle SD signals. It is an excellent machine!

My newest test receiver is the AZBox Premium (Elite is fine and less expensive) but I could almost match them up quality - wise with the Coolst, but they have some quirks as they are quite green. Kinda buggy, if you understand my drift.

RADAR

Homey,

I really have not too much positive things to say regarding the NFusion receivers. I didn't use them long enough to truly evaluate them. But, tdti pretty much nailed it. It is a hack box. Now, don't take that incorrectly as the Coolsat receivers can also be hacked or should I say used to hack. And I LOVE the Coolsat 5K! The later Coolsat models were obviously directed specifically toward that enterprise and (thank goodness) I never forked out any money for those later Coolsat models. Someone else did that for me and I learned from their experience.

I picked up the NFusion Nuvenio for the notion that it could be used as a PVR, but couldn't really get it to play ball with FTA and the blind scan option of course. I retired it rather quickly. A rather expensive learning experience.

I have not tried every receiver make and model available of course, but I still cannot discount the value of the Coolsat 5000 (or 6000) receivers or the Fortec Star Dynamic and similar models.

These units are perfect for standard definition reception and are very user friendly and they are also work horses to boot! You just cannot beat them!

Currently, I am testing an AZBox Premium and, although it does not blind scan, I have to say that I like quite well. Obviously, there are other makes and models available that do all sorts of things, but you best be cautious about paying money for a box that is designed specifically for hackware. They generally don't work very well for honest use. If they do, it is a surprise.

If you have the opportunity to return the Nfusion, I think I would and apply the money to something more legitimate. Otherwise, you might end up storing that receiver in a closet, rather than using it.

I still have the very same Coolsat 5K in my entertainment center that I bought back when they first were sold, what is that...... five years ago or a little more???? It still is kicking butt today and I wouldn't part with it even though it can only handle SD signals. It is an excellent machine!

My newest test receiver is the AZBox Premium (Elite is fine and less expensive) but I could almost match them up quality - wise with the Coolst, but they have some quirks as they are quite green. Kinda buggy, if you understand my drift.

RADAR

Thanks RADAR,
I think I will phone GoSat and stop shipment. Again, I have no interest in piracy. I'll start looking at your suggested receivers and see who else responds to this thread.

I have the Sonicview 4000, It's pretty nice. My wife is Thai so she only watches 97W Thai channels and it scanned all the transponders just fine. It was a ebay find for $40 shipped.

I have the Sonicview 4000, It's pretty nice. My wife is Thai so she only watches 97W Thai channels and it scanned all the transponders just fine. It was a ebay find for $40 shipped.

Thanks. After reading multiple posts and STB reviews, I have discovered great deals on SD units that are reliable.

get yourself a pansat 9200 with the s-2 board.
if you don't like it you can hate me forever. how's that lol.
this will be a great first box, user friendly and will do everything save 422 feeds.
a first timer should not get a AZbox.
the azbox is the worse box i ever had but it will do 422 feeds and after you know what you are doing, get one but i hope there is a better one by next month lol.

Last edited:
Nfusion and K-box are iks pirate receivers not much use for anything else, don't even think it will get dvb-s2, the board will only work on Bell and Dish HD.

That's exactly right. They do not get DVB-S2. They do not blind scan. They do however provide a lot of programming with IKS. My friend calls them a Hack Box. Dont know if you made a mistake or not. If you bought it for Dishnetwork Programming, then I would say not. If you bought it for FTA, then I would say yes you made a mistake. It's not an FTA Box Anyone buying an IKS box probably knows why they are buying it. IMHO a nFusion HD is the best IKS box there is for the money. I personally would get an AZBox if it would blind scan.

Anyone buying an IKS box probably knows why they are buying it.

depends on if the person knew that it was an iks box in the first place i bought one from what was at the time a gold sponor of this site(Go Satellite) and did not know that it was a reciever used by pirates and i did carefully research of the box so after i get my True FTA system up i will review the box as a TRUE FTA receiver

depends on if the person knew that it was an iks box in the first place i bought one from what was at the time a gold sponor of this site(Go Satellite) and did not know that it was a reciever used by pirates and i did carefully research of the box so after i get my True FTA system up i will review the box as a TRUE FTA receiver

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that anyone could spend $400 - $500 and not know what its for. JMHO

Auric lets just agree to disagree on this and seeing your the the expert on the box do you want to buy one i sell you mine for cheap
What does a Non Blind Scanning, Non DVB-S2, Non 4:2:2, HD Satellite Receiver go for these days, including shipping?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts