NFusion HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
HD Receiver.
The NFusion HD receiver is "Non Blind Scanning, Non DVB-S2, Non 4:2:2" and was said to go for $400.
I was wondering what he wanted for it. :)

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time believing that anyone could spend $400 - $500 and not know what its for. JMHO

I have seen dealers who advertise these receivers, giving a (obsolete) list of available DVB-S2 8PSK channels (which at the time included some significant cable type channels). Although the adds just referred to an "8psk card", and didn't specify whether it got DVB-S2, turbo, both or even trellis for that matter, the fact that the channels they said it would receive were DVB-S2 would lead one to believe that the receiver/card was legitimate, and pay the money based on the advertised channels (which I'm fairly certain that it can't receive) alone. I spent that much for an HD receiver that had DVB-S2 8PSK (actually 3 times). The business of the internet update, or whatever it is, is never explained, so probably isn't going to relate to the perceived value.
Actually, the dealer I'm referring to above, is who I bought one of my Coolsat 8100s from, and when I found it defective, and returned it for repair, only to find out that they didn't fix it, I complained, and the dealer offered me one of those NFUSION things with the 8PSK card in exchange. I told him that I was interested in a DVB-S2 capable receiver, not a turbo capable, and asked whether the claims that it could receive the DVB-S2 channels listed in the advertisements were true???? Never got a reply to that one. I declined the offer, and still have the slightly defective 8100.
But bottom line is that based on the dealer adds, I think that it is perfectly reasonable to assume that the receiver was DVB-S2 capable, and in that case would have been worth the money mentioned here.

looking at the specs on that receiver, the 8PSK board is not a stock item in it. Also I don't see blind scan on the specs which worries me. From looking at it from a FTA standpoint, its overpriced and under features

I do see a ASTC tuner in it but so does my Coolsat 8000 but the CS8000 also does DVB-S2 from the box. No extra equipment needed.

Honestly I think there are better options out there for FTA. If you want HD I would get a Pansat 9200. That receiver can blind scan (which is almost a necessity) and can do HD. If you want to add the DVB-S2 board later you can. It will not get 4:2:2 which some sports feeds are using.

Right now there is no one receiver that can do it all (4:2:2, DVB-S2, HD, MPEG4, blind scan, OTA tuner). The Pansat 9200 can do all of that but 4:2:2 and the azbox can do all of it but blind scan and no OTA tuner (which to most of us is moot)

If it hasnt shipped yet, I would switch my order

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts