new to FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robbie.

Original poster
May 16, 2015
United States
I just got a infusion phoenix. I can see sat at 97° but can't get the retro channel that they say is there at 12115 V 21425. What I am I doing wrong.??

I just got a infusion phoenix. I can see sat at 97° but can't get the retro channel that they say is there at 12115 V 21425. What I am I doing wrong.??
Hi Robbie. Welcome to Satellite Guys! :) I'm not familiar with that receiver but a few questions may help pinpoint your problem. What dish (and size) are you using? Are you sure you are pointed at 97W and not another satellite? Your receiver doesn't know what satellite it is pointed at, only that it is pointed at a satellite. Does your receiver have blind scan? If so, when you did a scan what channels did you receive? This will help determine if you are truly pointed at 97W.
P.S. This is the OTA section. Your thread will get better results if it is moved to the FTA section.

Hi Robbie. Welcome to Satellite Guys! :) I'm not familiar with that receiver but a few questions may help pinpoint your problem. What dish (and size) are you using? Are you sure you are pointed at 97W and not another satellite? Your receiver doesn't know what satellite it is pointed at, only that it is pointed at a satellite. Does your receiver have blind scan? If so, when you did a scan what channels did you receive? This will help determine if you are truly pointed at 97W.
P.S. This is the OTA section. Your thread will get better results if it is moved to the FTA section.

Its a 36" dish single Ku Lbn. Will be fixed for now . no rotor. All I get now is 200 religious channels. Seems to be the strongest signal. I am not sure what's up. I get other signals on my signal meter. But on quality. But good signal 60% +..

Its a 36" dish single Ku Lbn. Will be fixed for now . no rotor. All I get now is 200 religious channels. Seems to be the strongest signal. I am not sure what's up. I get other signals on my signal meter. But on quality. But good signal 60% +..
No blind scan..
That dish will be great for most ku channels. After checking, it appears that the Nfusion Phoenix is DVB/MPEG2 only. Many channels are switching to DVBS2. If I'm not mistaken Retro (and Rev'n) on 97W are MPEG4. I think there was a thread a while ago where someone was using an older receiver and was either not getting Retro at all or only getting audio but no video. I will have to look for the thread but you may need to get a newer receiver to get Retro (and also Rev'n). A newer receiver will also have blind scan capabilities.

e switching to DVBS2. If I'm not mistaken Retro (and Rev'n) on 97W are MPEG4. I think there was a thread a while ago where someone was using an older receiver and was either not getting Retro at all or only getting audio but no video. I will have to look for the thread but you may need to get a newer receiver to get Retro (an
Ok. I will get a newer recover. Do you have one that you would get. If you do let me know. Like I said I have just started in this. Thanks.

Ok. I will get a newer recover. Do you have one that you would get. If you do let me know. Like I said I have just started in this. Thanks.
I have been using an Amiko Mini HD SE for about a year. Supports DVB, DVBS2, MPEG2, MPEG4, Dolby Digital. More about it here:
http://www.amikoalienusa.com/?page_id=998
It has been very reliable and there is good support (firmware upgrades, etc) right here in the US. I use it for motorized ku and motorized c band dishes so if you are able to set up more dishes later on you can. Also has a good blind scan. I believe Dave at www.gotcband.com has them in stock. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)