New to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxedout

Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I just received the Pansat 2700A (IR) receiver yesterday. I need help installing this. My dish is pointing at 236 (Az), 48 (El), and 45 (Skew). I have connected all the right cables. On the "Installation" screen, I see all the satellites giving about 70-80% level but no quality. I cannot seem to get any FTA channels from any of the satellites. Can someone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you.

Max.

You must mean see all the "transponders" giving 70-80%...no way you're seeing all the satellites, lol. Do a blind scan (not sure what it's called on the Pansat...power scan, or blind search maybe) and see what you get. What satellite are you trying to get?

Whatever is available on the EchoStar 9/IntelSat Americas 13 or even on the IntelSat 805.

Okay, you can't pick up Intelsat 805 unless you have a C-band dish (typically 8ft or bigger). If you do, then I apologize. However, both of those satellites are on different sides of the Clarke belt...a long ways apart. IA13 is only Dish network in the Ku band...there's some content in the C-band portion. Is that what you're looking for? C-band?

I have the 18" Dish with 3 LNBs. What coordinates should I have to get Zee TV USA in zip code 32218? According to Lyngsat this is a free channel.

an 18" dish wont get you anything but the audio on 119 and NASA

Lyngsat is out of date on Zee TV. That is scrambled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)