New to the CE need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm new to trying the CE. I was having some receiver problems with my HR24-500. It will freeze on certain channels. After running the test screen and every test comes back pass I thought maybe installing and update may fix it. Is there certain times you can download updates? I've tried twice already but when I go to the system setup screen it still reads 0x4d1, Mon 8/22, 12:29 p. I just was wondering if I'm missing something here. I restart the receiver, hit 0,2,4,6,8 and it finds new software downloads it, go through the normal setup steps and back to tv but no new software.

If you d/l outside of the CE window, it will go back to the National release (NR).
So, if your having trouble with it now and are using a CE, try going back to the NR and see if it clears, you can always get the next round of CE's come Friday/Saturday.

Well the main reason I wanted to download a CE was I was having problems with my hr24 freezes when I'm watching a channel that broadcast in SD. If I watch HD it's fine. I had the local retailer at my house today of course it wouldn't do it until he leaves. Luckily I had he cell number he came back and replaced the receiver and now it's fine (fingers crossed) I will look for the next update I love testing new products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts