New to the CE need some help

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm new to trying the CE. I was having some receiver problems with my HR24-500. It will freeze on certain channels. After running the test screen and every test comes back pass I thought maybe installing and update may fix it. Is there certain times you can download updates? I've tried twice already but when I go to the system setup screen it still reads 0x4d1, Mon 8/22, 12:29 p. I just was wondering if I'm missing something here. I restart the receiver, hit 0,2,4,6,8 and it finds new software downloads it, go through the normal setup steps and back to tv but no new software.

If you d/l outside of the CE window, it will go back to the National release (NR).
So, if your having trouble with it now and are using a CE, try going back to the NR and see if it clears, you can always get the next round of CE's come Friday/Saturday.

Well the main reason I wanted to download a CE was I was having problems with my hr24 freezes when I'm watching a channel that broadcast in SD. If I watch HD it's fine. I had the local retailer at my house today of course it wouldn't do it until he leaves. Luckily I had he cell number he came back and replaced the receiver and now it's fine (fingers crossed) I will look for the next update I love testing new products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)