new to the forums and have a few questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msheets

Original poster
May 2, 2007
I am in New Orleans and looking at getting Dish Network but have a few questions. First i will be getting the HD DVR ( 622 ) and 2 HD boxs ( not sure the model number). I am doing a full remodel ad down to the studs so i figured i would wire the house the right way. :)

1) Is it true that i will have to have two dishes or is it possible to only have a single dish?
2) On the 622 do it need two feeds from the dish or just one? ( it will be used on one TV but i want to be able to record 2 problems at once. )
3) If i read correctly local HD is not on dish so i will have to get an antenna, does this have to have a separate feed ran for it or can it be put on the same feed with dish signal?
4) i have seen some post about dishpro dpp44 switches, is this something i will need? for that matter can someone explain what these are used for? Or if you have a link.

i think this is all the questions for now. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

1) i'm sure someone from your area will be along soon to let you know for sure on this.... but the only reason you would need 2 dishes would be if signal on the 129 is weak in that area and you need to pick up 61.5
2)they should be able to do it on one, but since you are prewiring the house anyway, i'd run 2 coax to each tv location. That way if you do add OTA later, or whatever, you don't have to worry about it. Its alot easier, cheaper, and cleaner to do it now than having to add it later.
3)see question2.... it can be diplexed in to the same coax as the satellite, but you are better off with a seperate run
4)Depends on the satellite or combination of satellites they use. If I HAD to guess, i'd say, no, you probably wont need it. They will probably use a Dish 1000.2 dish, which won't require the switch.
The switch allows you to connect 4 satellite locations to 4 different receivers.... there is a switch built into the 1000.2 lnb to connect up to 4 satellite locations to 3 receivers, which is what you will have. Even if you do need it, don't worry about it, they will install it when they install the dishes.

It also may depend on your line of site. I had to get a second dish because a tree was too tall for the existing 129 to grab the HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts