**New to the Forums**

steve, like i'm not a dumbie. the only actual local newscast broadcast in true hi-def is on channel 9 or 1090 for you bhn hi-def customers in central florida. did i stutter?

steve, like i'm not a dumbie. the only actual local newscast broadcast in true hi-def is on channel 9 or 1090 for you bhn hi-def customers in central florida. did i stutter?

I know they are the same i was just making sure you knew that, since I thought you were questioning what the previous poster said when he said "1090" thats all.

-----

Hi Bill my name is Mark and I used to live in Largo, Florida which is part of the South Pinellas Bright House Networks area. I'm now in Derry, New Hampshire which is Comcast so just keep in mind I no longer live in a BHN area. I do agree that BHN techs (at least the employees as I don't know about the contractors) do get very decent pay and benefits. I do think you will enjoy the job but be ready to hate your job once you have to deal with a very picky pain in the behind retired old person. Trust me after having one of those people you would be willing to shoot yourself in the head to get away from these people.

As far as other forums that focus on Bright House Networks this forum your on along with www.tampahdtv.com are the only forums that cover BHN and have a decent amount of posts. AVSForum.com also has a local Tampa HDTV section which does have BHN talk but its so spread out I quit bothering with it anymore. It doesn't just cover BHN but OTA HD and every form of HDTV in Tampa. For some reason AVS hasn't created a seperate BHN HDTV forum like they do with other cities such as Boston Comcast HDTV.

So with all of that said I think most people needing help or reading from their local BHN area would come from this site and tampahdtv. Also welcome to SatGuys and as I'm a staff member here if you need any help finding something or using the features of this site please feel free to PM me or any Staff member and we will be glad to answer your questions.

Also SatGuys is a very relaxed forum so yes we like things to stay on topic but we do understand that things sometimes go off topic and we tend to allow alot of this as long as it doesn't get crazy or abusive. So I'm telling you we aren't mods nor a site that tends to be a pain in the behind and we believe this approach makes a website fun and enjoyable and not like a jail that is policed every second of the day.

Just be carefull what you do say with regards to BHN as we don't want you getting in trouble with BHN. Just remember its a very good chance that somebody from BHN and almost every company has someone in some form or another reading these forums. We also have another BHN tech on these forums who you might want to talk with but for the life of me I cannot remember his user name lol....urgh.

Thanks for the insight about the forum, very helpful. I am trying to get all the Info I can on the different TV sets and technology.

I have been really busy with work and didnt realize this thread had so many replies....AWESOME

Hey Stevenl, where do you work out of? My main office is carillon in Saint Petersburg and I am south county.

Thanks for the insight about the forum, very helpful. I am trying to get all the Info I can on the different TV sets and technology.

I have been really busy with work and didnt realize this thread had so many replies....AWESOME

Hey Stevenl, where do you work out of? My main office is carillon in Saint Petersburg and I am south county.

Im in field maint.. in orlando fla

Ok Bill I have a question, I just switched from Dishnetwork to BHN. I was getting my local HD's OTA. I now have BHN locals in HD but it does not seem like true HD. The channels do not even fill my screen. There is still bars on the sides. Is this normal for BHN? If so, that sucks. Tell me I have a wrong setting please!

That is definitely not normal. I dont know if anyone has chimmed in about this yet but the first thing I would suspect is...The digital HD box is not configured to accept the different formats. i.e. 1080i, 720p, 480i widescreen/regular, etc. You can do this by powering the box off with the power button and pressing the guide and info buttom simultaneously, which will bring up the config menu.

This is crucial since the channels broadcast in different formats. Like Discovery HD ch.690 almost always broadcasts in 1080i so it looks amazing. Other channels will broadcast in 720p sometimes and 480i other times. By going into the format setup through the box it allows you to accept the different modes that you will tune into.

Try this ASAP. When you get into the setup you will be instructed what to do. I enable everyone format that will come in clear. You press the "B" button to change to the next format if the picture comes in ok then hit "select" button if not do not "select" that format.

GoodLuck if this doesnt not work please post
-Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)