New to the satellite world

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Hello all!! I have allways tinkered in the world of communication like SWL dxing,ham radio,TV and radio streaming,HD radio and TV and now Satellites.I ordered a FTA package from Sadoun consisting of the SatHawk pvr800,34" dish,motor and some other goodies.Hoping to get it within a week or so and install it shortly after that.I have good clearing to the south for the dish to be installed on the front side of my garage at a height or around 8 ft.I have always worked in the world of electronics so it shouldnt be to hard a job to do and im learning what i need to know by reading this forum and googleing when needed.Ill let you know how its working out after the installation and maybe a pic or two of the dish location.Take Care! Stan

Glad to have you, welcome to the satellite place! Think carefully where you mount the dish, you'?l have to be able to get to it easily to get the motor set up. I like to have mine all on the ground on poles, no ladder needed! But trees are not a problem right now where I have mine, if you have to raise the dish up to see over obstacles, then you don't really have a choice. This can be a very addictive hobby, so you are warned. One dish will lead to two, then more, haha!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)