new to the site and need help with my direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

condev

Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Watertown ny
im having problems with my hd dvr reciever. i have a slimeline 3 dish. According to the dish pointer my azimuth should be 226.8 elevation 33.5. my dish is currently azimuth 227 and elevation 33. My satellite signals are great at 101 degrees. The thing im having an issue with is that im getting satellites 99 101 110 and 119 but no 103. Im getting some hd channels but the ones i enjoy watching like history and a majority of sports channels in the 600s i am not. If anyone could help me out that would greatly appreciated.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys condev!

Sent from my Rooted Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

condev, can you post your signal levels on all of the satellites?

Hello condev,

If you have a slimline 3 dish you would only get signals from the satellites at 99, 101 and 103 locations and not from 110 and 119. If you have a slimline 5 dish then the signals would also come from 110 and 119. My understanding is that 110 is no programming at present and 119 is for some Sonic music channels and some other programs. As to the hd dvr receiver I am going to ask if you have a SWM installation or a legacy installation. With a SWM installation you should not have any BBC at the back of the hd dvr as they are only used in a legacy installation (one BBC per tuner). The SWM install has only one cable going into the back of an hd receiver/dvr regardless of the number of tuners (HD receiver has one tuner, HD DVR of the 2X kind models HR20DVR to HR24 have 2 tuners and the HR34 DVR Home Media Center has 5 tuners). Has HD service has been turned on or not? If you need further assistance more information is required such as the number of receivers with each model number, the signal strength of each transponder, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)