New TV Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
TKS. But its of no interest to me, until it contains a DVR. And it’s years away before I might see the use for one. I’ve come around to realize whether we want it or not, we’re moving to ATSC 3.

Is Dolby Vision ever used OTA? It’s hardly used by discs.

Reactions: John2021
I dont watch OTA, but I am pretty certain your OTA HDR will be HLG.

DV is pretty prevalent in streaming, im surprised its not on discs, as its a pretty significant difference between it and HDR10.

Especially the licensing costs….

Better can be trounced by less expensive good enough.

TKS. But its of no interest to me, until it contains a DVR. And it’s years away before I might see the use for one. I’ve come around to realize whether we want it or not, we’re moving to ATSC 3.

I dont watch OTA, but I am pretty certain your OTA HDR will be HLG.

DV is pretty prevalent in streaming, im surprised its not on discs, as its a pretty significant difference between it and HDR10.
It is, here is a list-

Reactions: navychop
Here is a link to an ATSC 3.0 receiver/adapter: ZapperBox

Its expensive and not yet available. It's limited to the "ROUTE/DASH" protocol. They say they will add "MMT" protocol later.

I don't know which protocol Sacramento uses?

I asked the company that makes ZapperBox. Let's see if they respond.....
Seems like a 1st gen device but a way to add ATSC 3.0 to some of our $3K+ TV's. But I agree with later comments, just sneeze and they will, or someone will add a multi-tuner ATSC 3.0 receiver with a DVR feature for under $500. That's the one to buy.

Reactions: N6BY
...I don't know which protocol Sacramento uses?

I asked the company that makes ZapperBox. Let's see if they respond.....
I got a response from Zapperbox:
"Sacramento is using Route/DASH. Only 2 markets are using MMT so far."

TKS. But its of no interest to me, until it contains a DVR. ...
I agree. $329 for a simple converter box with no DVR. No thanks.

I think we'll need to wait a year or two before more devices become available and competition drives the price down and they add DVR capability.

I got a response from Zapperbox:
"Sacramento is using Route/DASH. Only 2 markets are using MMT so far."

I agree. $329 for a simple converter box with no DVR. No thanks.

I think we'll need to wait a year or two before more devices become available and competition drives the price down and they add DVR capability.
Spend the extra $$$ and get a new set with a warranty.. Toss the old one in a guest room or sell it:). 329.99 Just for a converter box is insane. That's a third of a new set..

Spend the extra $$$ and get a new set with a warranty.. Toss the old one in a guest room or sell it:). 329.99 Just for a converter box is insane. That's a third of a new set..
I need a DVR and I am patient. Eventually I think there will be an ATSC 3.0 DVR (besides Silicon Dust's which got bad reviews).

My 65" LG Nano Cell didn't survive the move to my new home. So I've been doing a LOT of searching and I think I came up with a really good, affordable option. Wanted to see what people thought before I pull the trigger.

Sony - 65" Class X900H Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV

Reviews look really good but the price is what has me hooked. It's on clearance for $1049.00
i bought the 85 inch to this set for 1,300 bucks could not say no!!!:coco;). i tossed it in the bedroom!!! I love it!!! It's like having the people right there with me!!! It looked great right out of the box from day one with no calibration and as time went on it only got better. The android OS is the closest thing that i have seen to the nvidia sheild that i have seen if not better if your a streamer... It also upscales low res images very nicely to!!! As sony makes some of the best processers out there. Though i hate the big ass remote:coco As you can get carpaltunnell working the remote:eek

Reactions: HipKat
i bought the 85 inch to this set for 1,300 bucks could not say no!!!:coco;). i tossed it in the bedroom!!! I love it!!! It's like having the people right there with me!!! It looked great right out of the box from day one with no calibration and as time went on it only got better. The android OS is the closest thing that i have seen to the nvidia sheild that i have seen if not better if your a streamer... It also upscales low res images very nicely to!!! As sony makes some of the best processers out there. Though i hate the big ass remote:coco As you can get carpaltunnell working the remote:eek
Because of the Android OS, I no longer use my Sheild Pro. And I stream in that was we can't talk about here and all works very well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts