New tv ideas

Pretty similiar, because mine accepts 24p but has to do 2:3 on it.

Blacks should be better than mine, and Im sure color is the same. Should be a much bigger tv with same color and better blacks :)

Just would need to decide if the 96hz cinema mode matter to me or not. The 58" v10 is about the same price as the 65" s1

Another thing realized in my readings is that the 13g (mid 2010) Panny's should incorporate some of the stuff they bought off Pioneer. To me, its worth skipping 12g to see if they can get closer to the Kuro tech in 13g.

My 50" is calibrated and looks damn fine in a dark room (blacks), so I really should not rush the next upgrade. I mainly want a more size, and 24p playback (96hz, 120hz or 240hz) that works. The 12g's do it pretty well in 96hz (better than the 11g which flickered bad), but still have some flicker. Maybe they will work this out too.

Of course, I couldn't help myself.

This guy has a lot of interest, and its a new model. Price vs the 8500 local dimming Sammy is good, and I've subbed to the AVS thread.

When I would be ready to buy (late Jan), this tv may have come down even more. Looks like a fine 55" LED tv.

55LHX Televisions TV/Audio/Video

Be curious to see what Cnet finds.

From what I have read it is one of the best if not the best LCD out there today. They had the HDTV shootout this year and it held it's own with even some of the best plasma's.

The one thing that I am sure will be a negative will be off center viewing. I really like my Sammy LCD, awesome picture but with only one or two good seats for viewing I will always use my plasma with a crowd.

The blacks were even better than the 09 Panny plasmas, according to Cnet. Chadb at AVS tested a VERY high ansi CR too.

By many accounts, if you have a good viewing distance, the off angle is not as bad as cnet made it out to be. The Samsung anti judder and other processing (AMP) is second to none, and thats one thing thats appealing to me too.

Its gonna end up being 55" LED LCD vs 65" Plasma :)

By many accounts, if you have a good viewing distance, the off angle is not as bad as cnet made it out to be.

Be a bit careful here. I have got caught in the past by just looking at the reports that focused on what I wanted to believe. I then found out a few weeks after that I had deluded myself and that the problem really bugged me.

If it is just you and your wife, it is probably no problem. If you tend to have other over, check off-axis viewing VERY carefully. I would insist on setting the screen at least to movie mode. Watch 5 minutes on-axis to acclimate yourself and only then move 45 degrees off axis and evaluate critically.

Not saying other reports aren't correct, but many will have bias or are compensated for good reviews. Remember the old Stereo Review motto? Stereo Review: Never met a speaker it didn't like.

Hehe, I agree completely.

Once we find our house in Jan, I'm gonna plan the layout of the living room, with thinking toward who will be over for football season, and then decide on the tv. The 65" could be ruled out just by the living room too.

Once I've seen the living room, I'll then go to best buy and do some serious off angle viewing ( wont be the first time I went to best buy with a tape measure :D ).

I can say though, that I'm really wanting the 55" 8500. The 46" 8000 side light my bud just bought looks really good.

Well, after SEVERAL days of reading and looking, I've decided to go with the Samsung 55" LED 8500.

I'm gonna make one final look in the store, and if it's final I'm just gonna wait on a better deal :)

$4500 at BBuy right now, which is a bit more than I wanna spend. It's new, and on backorder, so I figure with the holiday sales, and the 9000's coming, it should drop nicely over the next few months.

Projector may be an option, won't know until I find the house. It would have to be a secondary room though, so I'll still need a tv.

Don't think I'm not considering one though!

Definitely!

Will have to see how the layout goes, then there is WAF!

My main mission right now is the living room tv. I really want a Samsung 8500, but I would like to see the price drop a bit.

Hehe.

I've been reading a lot, and I love the 8500, but the price aint hot. I keep heading back to the 65" V10. Not only is it a good tv, but price vs size is awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)