New TV, programmed remote "learning" mode, no 722K function now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aperiod

Original poster
May 19, 2011
around here
Seems like I'm having similar trouble to this thread? http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ogramming-remote-control-using-vip-722-a.html

I have a 722K and two TVs. We replaced TV1 with a TCL L40FHDF11TA, for which there is no code for the dish remote. I used the learning function to program TV1's remote which worked great, but it intermittently started controlling the receiver. Sometimes I could get it to change channels and bring up the guide, I could turn it on and off, then I'd set the remote down and 3 minutes later it wouldn't control the receiver at all. All the while, all buttons to control the new TV worked perfectly. I brought up the system info and tried to readdress the remote (or something like that), but no changes. I checked that both the receiver and the remote showed "2" as the address. I called dish tech support and they took me through various steps and ended up mailing me out a new 21.0 remote.

I followed the instructions and got the new remote working with the receiver by bringing up system info, pressing record, and the receiver changed its address to "15." Worked fine. I then programmed the new remote for the TV, using the learning mode again. The remote controlled everything fine that night and yesterday. Then this morning, my son was able to turn it on with the remote, but couldn't do anything else. I gave it a try and can't get any SAT buttons to work at all, even the power, but all of the buttons for TV are working fine.

What in the world is going on?? Is this iterferance from the new TV? Is it because I moved the receiver and various cables around when installing the TV? Is it a problem with the learning function?

Okay, nevermind. I found this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/199769-722k-remote-problem-major-problem-3.html and tried covering the IR sensors with tape and it's working again.

But now, I can't figure out how to get my TV2 remote back to just controlling TV2. When my first remote wetn nutty, I did something with mode and PIP, which made the TV2 remote work with TV1 while I was trying to figure out the TV1 remote problem. I've tried doing it in reverse, but I can't seem to get the TV2 remote to stop controlling TV1. I admit the whole single vs. dual mode thing confuses me. I'm pretty sure I usually leave it on dual so recordings can default to TV2 since that is least used?

If the TV2 remote changes TV1 then you are probably in single mode. Open the front right panel and you should see a button that says "mode" push it and it will put you in dual mode. To check if you're in single mode check the lights on the front, there are 2 lights to the left where all the lights are in the middle of the front. The left one is single mode the 2nd from left is dual mode. So if the left one is lit then you need to put it in dual mode. What single mode does is feeds both tuners to 1 tv so you can use PiP, while doing this it also mirrors that signal to TV2 and the TV2 remote then controls it also just like you were using the TV1 remote. That sounds like what is going on there.

Edit: So the remote you're using for TV1 says "2" on it? If so that's not right, you want to turn the key around and set it up for TV1 in the 6-1-3 or System Info screen. Make sure it's not the same address and #2 remote of course.

ARGH! Still having problems with the IR sensor. Where exactly is the sensor and where exactly do I put the tape? It's only working sometimes, even if I put black tape over the entire front window (if I'm taping where I think the sensor is)!

The UHF remote antenna is in the bedroom (TV2). There isn't one on the receiver (where TV1 is). If I switch this new remote to UHF mode (right now it's in IR mode), do I need to get a new antenna or move it? I think the technition put it in the bedroom because we had trouble wth it in the entertainment center.

BTW, the two remotes have different addresses, I just brought TV2's remote out to the living room so we had something to use until the new remote arrived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)