new tv with old box ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kozmo104

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
Flint Michigan area
I have a question, I don't know if its already on here or not. I currently still have a sd old school tv. It's about on its last leg. I going to be getting a new HD tv. I guess my question is can I still use my current 311 dish box or will I have to get a new HD box. I know that I wont get HD program's if I don't but can I still use it. Please help out.

thank you

I have a question, I don't know if its already on here or not. I currently still have a sd old school tv. It's about on its last leg. I going to be getting a new HD tv. I guess my question is can I still use my current 311 dish box or will I have to get a new HD box. I know that I wont get HD program's if I don't but can I still use it. Please help out.

thank you

You will be able to use the 311 with your new TV so long as the TV has coax or RCA inputs

Actually the 311 has an 8PSK tuner. It's the 301 that's not long for this world.

TheKrell said:
Actually the 311 has an 8PSK tuner. It's the 301 that's not long for this world.

Ah. My rememberer ain't what it used to be.

I used a standard definition 625 duo DVR on my HD set during my first four months with dish before upgrading to the 722k, so you should be fine, as long as you have the right inputs on your TV, as Matt said.

As others have said, an SD box will feed an HD set (and a HD box will feed an SD set) if it has the proper connectors. The HD set will, however, magnify every shortcoming of the SD feed so you will want an HD box eventually.

Get yourself a 211K for that new HDTV......
Absolutely. And with a $40 activation fee and external hard drive, it will become a DVR without the usual DVR fee that the VIP series dvrs incur. If it would be your only receiver, there would be no additional monthly cost. If you purchased one, for about $110.00, you would not have to incur a two year commitment that you would if you upgraded through Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts