New UI Questions

pgde

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Desert Oasis Ranch, Tucson, AZ
Hi All:

Just got my new Hopper 3 (used to have the HWS). I have some questions about the UI:

1. On my HWS, there was a Favorites List that had HD only. On the 3, it appears this has been eliminated. Why? There are a number of HD stations and to construct a Favorites List of those would seem to take forever. Or, is there another way to display on the Guide only HD?
2. On the Guide, is there anyway to modify the font size and location of the information that is displayed on the right side of the screen? On my Sony 55" HDTV, that takes up at least 30% of the screen and is a waste of space (in my opinion). On the HWS if I remember correctly, there were a lot of options to modify the display (such as where the little box with show playing location), information display location (right, left, top,bottom). I can't seem to find those on the 3. I really don't like the current Guide display. Why remove functionality? For me, it is more important to see what is/will be broadcast than information about the selected show.
3. The remote needs to be back lit. Why can't Dish come out with one?

Thanks for your help!

P.

Hi All:

Just got my new Hopper 3 (used to have the HWS). I have some questions about the UI:

1. On my HWS, there was a Favorites List that had HD only. On the 3, it appears this has been eliminated. Why? There are a number of HD stations and to construct a Favorites List of those would seem to take forever. Or, is there another way to display on the Guide only HD?
2. On the Guide, is there anyway to modify the font size and location of the information that is displayed on the right side of the screen? On my Sony 55" HDTV, that takes up at least 30% of the screen and is a waste of space (in my opinion). On the HWS if I remember correctly, there were a lot of options to modify the display (such as where the little box with show playing location), information display location (right, left, top,bottom). I can't seem to find those on the 3. I really don't like the current Guide display. Why remove functionality? For me, it is more important to see what is/will be broadcast than information about the selected show.
3. The remote needs to be back lit. Why can't Dish come out with one?

Thanks for your help!

P.
Asking why is a waste of time, Dish does what it does. No way to display HD only channels, I just use my favorites list which removes more than half of the stations anyway. Can't change the info on right of guide (never could before either), others have also complained. Voice/backlit remote hasn't been released yet, supposed to be "soon".