New updates Incoming for U-Verse June 21st.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
AT&T U-verse Service Advisory On Saturday evening June 21, 2008 we will be upgrading our systems to even better service. Some AT&T U-verse features on this website may be unavailable during this time (Note: This should not impact DSL features). We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back Monday, June 23 for any new updates.

I'll keep you guys posted on what they are planning to put and what they are upgrading once the release notes are out.

Hopefully they will give us the ability to do what is on Yahoo currently. Will be keeping my eye on it tomorrow!

Does anyone know on how to create additional email accounts with AT&T.
I am little lost :(.

Scott, are you going to a cruise ship in 4 days?

You have to do it from your main ATT account. Login to your account at
http://uverse.att.com

Then on the main page, under MEMBERS, click CREATE SUB ACCOUNT.

I think you get 10 email address. Makes it nice for temp spam accounts and stuff.

Hey Icewolf and any othes out there with the 6/1 HSI package, ATT dropped the price $5 a month, but you apparently have to call in to get it adjusted.

No, it seems like I was one of the first of couple people that got U-Verse installed in Reno/Sparks area.
U-Verse hasn't been advertising their service in Reno, Sparks, so people don't know much about it.
I will definitively call.

Bah, I called, but they told me they can give me a promotion for 20$ cash back, thats all for the 10Mbps.
Bah :(
Do I have to call a certain department to get that deal?

I managed to get the 10meg service discounted the other day to the same price as the 6meg for 12 months when I called in just to ask if they were going to add a local channel.

At the end of the call, they offerred me 2 options:
upgrade to U400 for 2 month free to try it out
or
10meg at 6meg price for 12 months.

No commitments on either offer.

Last edited:
Well I went ahead and upgraded to the 10mbps service, I may need to downgrade my U-Verse TV too.
55$ is a lot, hopefully when I call in a month, they may be able to give me a better deal, otherwise I have to downgrade.

Well this is retarded.
I am only getting 6.8 - 7.4.
Not worth it.
Should I go ahead and call their tech department and tell them its not worth it and either they lower my price or downgrade to my old package?
Or better yet, fix it?

This is nearly a 3Mbps deficit, if they can provide 80% of the speed that is quoted then I think they either should have a discounted price or not offer 10Mbps packages in that area.

Update, I tried wired, and it worked like a charm, the speed was 9.4!
So I am having trouble with the wireless card losing about 3-4 Mbps...WTH.
Any way to fix this?

Not sure on the wired/wireless option. I lose a little bit but not 3mbps. What OS/wireless hardware you using?

Anyways on the 10meg deal, no department, just normal customer service. Maybe it's a Michigan deal or something cause I know Detroit got a special deal on the Uverse Voice.

I am hoping that since they lowered the 6/1 package they will lower the 10meg package soon.

What Were the Updates

Can anyone tell me what was updated? I haven't noticed any differences in my service and haven't noticed any additional features. Can someone please indicate the link to where the version notes area?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I think ATT had bad wording on the note I saw. I think it was just a website update for Uverse, not the actual service. Although like I said, they did appear to drop the 6/1 HSI package to $35 for everyone nationwide (but existing customers have to call in or do a downgrade then upgrade online to get the lower price)

Thats only for the 6/1 package..
Anyways, I figured out the problem, its the crappy network adapter (the 2 wire one).
I am planning to get my own adapter, and its probably going to be way better than theirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts