New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Starting July 11th Plan A customers will be able to upgrade to the Hopper with Sling for FREE! There will still be a technician visit fee but the Upgrade fee did drop $100. The regular Hopper is still free for Plan A customers but the the fee dropped to $50 for Plan B customers. This is great news for those of you wanted to upgrade to the new Hopper system.

I'm sure many will ask how you find out what plan you are or how you become a Plan A customer. There really is no way for any of us to find out, Dish uses a certain type of formula. One of the most important things is to have your account in good standing. Make sure you have not missed any payments and that you have not upgraded recently.

Thanks for the info, I kick myself for not upgrading before the increase fee on having a second Hopper!

Will stick with the two regular Hoppers-for now :)

It depends on how good you need the video to be. I have something less than that and can get viewable, though not great, SD on my iPad away from home.

Besides the transfers to iPads what is the plus of me upgrading???

I have 2 hoppers w sling adaptor for both

I'm guessing speed but I was wondering what else...

Thanks in advance

Would that include folks who already upgraded to the original Hopper, but would like to swap it for a HWS?

Thanks in advance

Some speed increase due to the faster CPU and large increase in memory. And perhaps some degree of future proofing, as the HWS improvements will support more. I foresee eventually some app or apps (or features) coming out that the old Hopper can't handle. I moved to two HWS with this in mind, from two ViP722s. And I still have my owned Joey active.

Thanks in advance

iPad transfers, speed improvements, built-in Sling, built-in WiFi

Other than that, they're the same.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Oh, WOW, how did I forget the iPad transfers. We USE that!

Maybe coming soon to an Android near you!

Would like to know as well, I just bit the bullet and took a regular hopper since it was free over paying $100 for a second HWS...

At least the wife has the old one :)

The HWS is in my man cave :D

I don't think this is a new offer. I upgraded from 722k to a free Hopper w/ Sling for just the install fee before the monthly price increase back in May.

This is a change to what the current Upgrade fees were, trust me. You may have gotten a different deal when you talked to Dish, which they have the ability to do, but there was suppose to be a fee at that time.

There doesn't really need to be any confirmation from DIRT since they should have the same info I receive.

I try to stay on top of current info. Just enjoy talking about it here and keeping others informed.

People are contacting me asking me why when they call they are not getting this pricing...

The new pricing does not go into the system until the 11th... it's not the 11th yet. :)