New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

Are there any costs associated with upgrading to sling other than the reciever? Is there an access fee? Will the upgrade result in losing grandfathered fee rates?

As always thanks to Sherrman for his valuable contributions to this board!

Reason I asked DIRT to confirm is because I was told last week that the cost was $100.

As you point out, we need to wait for the new pricing to go into effect.

Thanks for posting.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Are there any costs associated with upgrading to sling other than the reciever? Is there an access fee? Will the upgrade result in losing grandfathered fee rates?

As always thanks to Sherrman for his valuable contributions to this board!

Pretty sure that the grandfather fee would go away. I as well have two Hoppers and would have liked to upgrade one to HWS, but dont want to pay that new second Hopper fee

hopper upgrade

I upgraded to the old hopper in feb. this year and would like to get the new one. Is it possible to transfer my recordings from the old to the new? hate to lose them. And will I be able to upgrade for no fee? thanks

That's why you won't see a confirmation from DIRT...until it's in place...
Bingo we have a winner.

DIRT can not conform or deny things until they are officially released to the Public.

Info being released to retailers is not info being released to the Public... instead you get a heads up of what is coming down the line instead. ;)

I upgraded to the old hopper in feb. this year and would like to get the new one. Is it possible to transfer my recordings from the old to the new? hate to lose them. And will I be able to upgrade for no fee? thanks
just remember any changes to your account going forward will likely bump your $7 a month cost to $12 a month for any hopper you swap/add. Essentially, you'll see your bill go up by $5 per month on top of any upgrade/installation fees that Dish might charge.

Bingo we have a winner.

DIRT can not conform or deny things until they are officially released to the Public.

Info being released to retailers is not info being released to the Public... instead you get a heads up of what is coming down the line instead. ;)

Think of it as a benefit to being a member to this site. :D

This site has saved me a lot of money. Which is one of the many reasons I am, and will be a Supporting Pub Member for as long as I am on this site!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

just remember any changes to your account going forward will likely bump your $7 a month cost to $12 a month for any hopper you swap/add. Essentially, you'll see your bill go up by $5 per month on top of any upgrade/installation fees that Dish might charge.

"Any" changes? Or any "programming" changes? I plan to deactivate my owned Joey in the near future, and I certainly hope they won't kill my grandfathering over it.

"Any" changes? Or any "programming" changes? I plan to deactivate my owned Joey in the near future, and I certainly hope they won't kill my grandfathering over it.

I wouldn't think that programming changes would do it but I'm certainly curious about the owned Joey thing. I would think no on that as well since no Hoppers are being messed with.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

i'm going to assume any hopper hardware changes where you add an additional hopper or upgrade to a different version of the hopper. I don't recall seeing any specific guidance from DIRT since the new pricing started. Best to check with them directly.

If I were planning on any hopper changes, I would at least run it past DIRT to doublecheck everything. I'm not planning on any changes till our contract runs out since HWS doesn't add anything major enough for our household. I'm not sure even what Dish could do at this point that's major enough to pay more per month on hardware for our particular household. Regular hopper works just fine for us.

I agree on checking with DIRT. I'm not sure on the grandfathered programming stuff since I never have access to customer's personal accounts.

Lets say my hopper dies and I get a replacement swapped for the dead one, will I loose the grandfathered fees? I mean they don't have to touch the fee since the receiver model/type isn't being changed, just being replaced with the same model.

Can DIRT confirm any of this? :)

Yes, if you have a external hard drive.

It's it's powered by power adapter, just plug it in the old DVR and follow the instructions.

If it's powered by USB, you'll need a USB hub with power adapter.

Oh man ... I just upgraded from a 722k to HWS and a Joey ... for $100 of course ... on July 5th. Maybe I should have waited a week ??? :( Mind you ... they did give me a $25 credit for 10 months ... with Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and Blockbuster for 3 months (which I have to cancel prior of course or start being charged). I am not sure if I would have got the same deal if I had waited.

Oh man ... I just upgraded from a 722k to HWS and a Joey ... for $100 of course ... on July 5th. Maybe I should have waited a week ??? :( Mind you ... they did give me a $25 credit for 10 months ... with Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and Blockbuster for 3 months (which I have to cancel prior of course or start being charged). I am not sure if I would have got the same deal if I had waited.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Looks like you got a pretty sweet deal.

It's the 11th. Lets see what upgrade prices cost now. I just sent a pm to dirt.

I would "like" to upgrade my regular hopper to a HWS ;) but I'm certain I'm not eligible since I just got it a month ago :(

I would "like" to upgrade my regular hopper to a HWS ;) but I'm certain I'm not eligible since I just got it a month ago :(

A couple of us asked earlier in the thread if this would apply to folks wanting to upgrade an original Hopper to a HWS, but no response or speculation on that yet. I've had the original Hopper for almost a year though. :) Any ideas?

A couple of us asked earlier in the thread if this would apply to folks wanting to upgrade an original Hopper to a HWS, but no response or speculation on that yet. I've had the original Hopper for almost a year though. :) Any ideas?

I think you have a better chance haha, I'm just asking for kicks 99% sure you need to have had it for a while in order to qualify.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)