New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

Zachs is the Guy!

Zachs at Dish Network made it very easy to upgrade to a Hopper w Sling to replace original Hopper!!! No additional cost, just a new 2 year commitment and new Hopper w Sling is being shipped to me. Assume it will be easy to upgrade. Will let you know.

Zachs at Dish Network made it very easy to upgrade to a Hopper w Sling to replace original Hopper!!! No additional cost, just a new 2 year commitment and new Hopper w Sling is being shipped to me. Assume it will be easy to upgrade. Will let you know.
I got the same deal from DIRT. However the install took forever. I have western arc with a 61.5 wing dish. The install wizard took almost 7 hours to get by step 2 of the install. Everything is fine now just have patience if you have anything but a normal east or west arc.

I got the same deal from DIRT. However the install took forever. I have western arc with a 61.5 wing dish. The install wizard took almost 7 hours to get by step 2 of the install. Everything is fine now just have patience if you have anything but a normal east or west arc.

If your dish setup contains both 119 and 61.5, then you should disconnect one of them before installing the Hopper/HWS. Once the download is complete, you can connect it back up, and then run a check switch test once the install wizard has finished.

If your dish setup contains both 119 and 61.5, then you should disconnect one of them before installing the Hopper/HWS. Once the download is complete, you can connect it back up, and then run a check switch test once the install wizard has finished.

Agreed. The HWS does not like to do the initial download on a mixed arc set-up.

It only took me an hour & a half to change out 2 hoppers to HWS. No instructions in the box but enough info on this site to get you through. BTW my kids are having a ball showing off sling to their friends.

I just completed an upgrade to HWS with Zach S. from DIRT and I have to say that it was the best customer service I've received from any company, not just Dish. Thanks Zach!

Chatting with Dish support agents it appears as though customers in good standing can upgrade for free with a 24-month commitment. Checking with DIRT to see if there are other options for no commitment.

Yep, it seems the "old" Hopper is only for replacements, if that, and the HWS is for all new installs.

Starting July 11th Plan A customers will be able to upgrade to the Hopper with Sling for FREE! There will still be a technician visit fee but the Upgrade fee did drop $100. The regular Hopper is still free for Plan A customers but the the fee dropped to $50 for Plan B customers. This is great news for those of you wanted to upgrade to the new Hopper system.

I'm sure many will ask how you find out what plan you are or how you become a Plan A customer. There really is no way for any of us to find out, Dish uses a certain type of formula. One of the most important things is to have your account in good standing. Make sure you have not missed any payments and that you have not upgraded recently.

Thanks for info and update!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)