New upgrade, with some problems.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeofPA

Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
PA
I was installed last month with a standard dish and three SD recievers. I needed a new TV so after getting one, I set it up to upgrade the dish and one reciever to HD. They came today and installed the slimline and the one reciever. It worked fine, and I had to leave without checking the other two TV's reception(still SD). One of the two other TV's works fine, but the other has intermittant 771, and bad signal picture distortion.

All I can say about the wiring at the moment is that he used the exsisting wires installed with last install...i presume for the SD sets...and then ran another wire for this new install..

We did have a splitter box, but it appears he removed that and they are I guess barrel spliced. There are also barrel splices at the dishes location.

Any Ideas? Could this be bad weather only affecting one TV? Thanks!

No, bad connection somewhere. Check all the barrel connectors, make sure they are tight, but not to tight. If that doesn't fix it, call DirecTV and get the installer back....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)