New Uplink Report Changes - Coming Shortly!

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2004
Digi, will 'The List' have the links embeded as well when it says what beam they are on?

Nelson, do you have a link or list of all of the different beams as they stand right now that can be viewed online? A master central place where I can look at all of the different contours would be sweet...

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I do have all the maps created for E10 and Ciel2. The data for E10 is linked and I need to link more of Ciel2 as beams fire up.

I am sending the beam map data to qwert1515's TheList each time the reports run. He is working on the clickable links to show the maps for the channel listings. So far it looks great! I do not have a map with all the links yet.

On the Nimiq data...I am not sure if nelson61 has that data or not.

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
I do have all the maps created for E10 and Ciel2. The data for E10 is linked and I need to link more of Ciel2 as beams fire up.

I am sending the beam map data to qwert1515's TheList each time the reports run. He is working on the clickable links to show the maps for the channel listings. So far it looks great! I do not have a map with all the links yet.

On the Nimiq data...I am not sure if nelson61 has that data or not.

We have access to the data for any satellite authorized to beam into the US. Not so for those Canadian satellites that beam to Canada. The US has an excellent disclosure policy and everthing except critical trade secrets is public. Industry Canada talks the talk about transparancy but does not walk the walk. Very secretive. Data is available in the ITU files but that data base is copyrighted and specifically prohibits use for republishing (ITU pays their bills by charging for data access).

We will be getting the new Nimiq 5 since it will be licenced for US reception (similar to Anik F3).The only way complete data is going to become available is if Canadian's start asking questions regarding Industry Canada's secrecy policies and demanding changes.

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
I've tried searching, but can't find which transponders Anchorage will be able to receive on Ceil 2 and the dish size required.

I've got a spare dish pointing at 148 and I think it's a 30 inch dish.

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
5, 7, 9, 10 or 12. 30" should easily do these when they become active,
Maybe 17-32, but that does not seem to be known.

Thanks.

I'm tempted to call my local installer and see if he can point it to 129 so that I can monitor them.

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 29, 2004
5, 7, 9, 10 or 12 being spotbeams specifically for Alaska... we don't know about 17-32 since they are for ConUS...

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
The new changes listed above are no running on the production uplink report tool. The sports filters on 129 have been adjusted for Ciel-2.

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
The new changes listed above are no running on the production uplink report tool. The sports filters on 129 have been adjusted for Ciel-2.

Thanks for all your work on these, it's the first thing I check when I come here.

My local installer usually finds out we(Alaska) have new channels because I call him to see if they have been turned once I see the report.

I'll be watching closely to see what they put up for Alaska. Hopefully between Ceil 2 and future launches Alaska can catch up to the lower 48 in HD.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
In case anyone didn't notice. The uplink report now lists the station affiliation next to the city of the local station.

If you see a station missing a city/affiliation or an incorrect affiliation, please PM me with the correct info. For the city,state please list the one the FCC has listed by using this search page:

TV Query - TV Technical Information - Video Division - MB (FCC) USA - Just punch in the stations call sign in the "Call Sign" box and hit enter.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
They probably do not mind otherwise they would have encrypted this data a long time ago.

I am sure they come here to check their work afterwards :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)