New Use For 105 Super Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
My In-Laws have a SuperDish 105 on their roof for Chattanooga TN locals and they also have a FTA receiver connected to a 36" stationary dish out in a wooded area behind their home to receive 3ABN, LLBN and Hope TV on AMC4 at 101. Because this FTA Dish is located in a wooded area on their property the dish loses signal every spring time until my father-in-law has an opportunity to trim the trees around the dish. I was just thinking that once the Chattanooga locals are moved to a spotbeam on E10 in a few months, a SuperDish will no longer be needed for locals here. Does any one know if it might be possible to disconnect the 105 feed from the multiswitch and feed it to the FTA receiver and re-aiming the SuperDish slightly to receive 101 instead of 105 without knocking out 110 and 119 for E* service? If this is possible, my father-in-law would no longer have to trim trees in the Spring to watch 101.

Chris
If I'm not mistaken, the 105 & 110 LNB's are combined in a housing and 119 is hanging off to the side, right?

If you move the dish from 105 to 101, that moves the DBS slots to 106 & 115. You might be able to move the 119 LNB out a little bit from 115 to 119 but that 110 LNB is going to be tough to move if its in a housing with the 105 LNB

Your best bet would be to use a seperate dish (perhaps the SuperDish) for the 101 slot and a Dish500 for 110 and 119. You could sell the 110 and 119 lnbf's and the DP-34 switch to help pay for the Dish500. If should be able to find a Primestar dish easily you could use it as a reflector and buy the appropriate lnbf for it which should not be much and sell your SuperDish. You would probably get enough for a Dish500 and that lnbf for the Primestar dish for 101.

Iceberg said:
Chris
If I'm not mistaken, the 105 & 110 LNB's are combined in a housing and 119 is hanging off to the side, right?

If you move the dish from 105 to 101, that moves the DBS slots to 106 & 115. You might be able to move the 119 LNB out a little bit from 115 to 119 but that 110 LNB is going to be tough to move if its in a housing with the 105 LNB

Yes I beleive your correct.

Stargazer said:
Your best bet would be to use a seperate dish (perhaps the SuperDish) for the 101 slot and a Dish500 for 110 and 119. You could sell the 110 and 119 lnbf's and the DP-34 switch to help pay for the Dish500. If should be able to find a Primestar dish easily you could use it as a reflector and buy the appropriate lnbf for it which should not be much and sell your SuperDish. You would probably get enough for a Dish500 and that lnbf for the Primestar dish for 101.

I guess you guess are wright, it does not appear to be worth the trouble. It was just a thought :shrug: I guess it will be less of a hassle to just leave things as they are and continue to trim the trees every year. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat universal remote new remote TV codes???

DishSkinz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)