New Venture 36 inch actuator

dl76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
South Carolina
Hey guys, have a few questions about a new 36 inch venture actuator. Has any one purchased from Venture MFG .CO before? Are they legit if so. Also what is the difference between ball and screw and Acme screw? Which one do you recommend?

Hey guys, have a few questions about a new 36 inch venture actuator. Has any one purchased from Venture MFG .CO before? Are they legit if so. Also what is the difference between ball and screw and Acme screw? Which one do you recommend?
I bought my 36 inch ball screw actuator directly from Venture in 2014. I have NEVER had any issue with it. I was told by the Venture Rep to get the ball screw. He said it had less friction than the Acme and would last longer. 8 years so far and running great.

Just my $0.02

Norman

Reactions: FTA4PA and dl76
I bought my 36 inch ball screw actuator directly from Venture in 2014. I have NEVER had any issue with it. I was told by the Venture Rep to get the ball screw. He said it had less friction than the Acme and would last longer. 8 years so far and running great.

Just my $0.02

Norman
Thanks for the info. Ordered one today. Sure not cheap. But should last me rest of my life.

I have 2 ventures. One is 24 inch and the other 36 inch. Both are in use on 12 footers and they perform very well until the wind gets strong enough to throw the dishes off track. It's been a few years since I put them into service so I don't remember if they're ball or screw. Whichever one is cheaper is the one I bought.

Reactions: dl76

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts