New Vip 211 Installed

Cincyray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
Reading Pa
Hello all i thought some of you might find this funny.

Sunday night my Sat stopped recieving a signal. I tried to figure out what was happening but all 4 tv,s were not working. I had an 811 322 (dual) and another 300 series single tuner. Called tech support did the old check switch routine and it didnt do a thing.

Tech support said they would have to send a tech out but it would take a week for a tech to get here. Of course i said that is unacceptibal. I said i was thinking of upgrading to the 211 hd setup. Then was told they could have someone out for that on tuesday Feb 21. (Aint that a kicker) So i went ahead and set that up.

After i hung up i was looking closer and noticed the dp44 that was installed with the 811 upgrade. The power invertor or power supply burned up causing the lost signal. I took the coax from the invertor and hooked it straight to my tv and all 4 were recieving a signal.

Tues came the guy showed up (on time ) He installed a dish 300 at 61.5 to go with the dish 500 i hooked up the 211 and everything went great. The tech told me he never installs the power invertor, I ordered the gold package but was getting the silver channels. Talking again with tech support did a reboot and check switch and gold starting comming through. Tech support told me i needed that power invertor and that it shouldnt even work without it. They are sending me another one.

My main question is what is it for it works fine without it. Is it just a power or signal amplifier. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)