New VIP722k receiver, won't show up correctly on Dishonline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Installed a Vip722k running L755RMKD-N firmware in place of my older VIP622 yesterday, and even though it has an IP address from my router, was even placed in the DMZ as a last resort, AND diagnostics from it say it's on-line and can upload test, Dishonline.com say's it's "Off-line"

Now, I even renamed it TWICE, AND the changed name shows up on Dishonline afterwards! Yes, I have logged out and back in.

Still, it doesn't show my recordings OR timers like my Vip622 did. This is not running a Sling adapter, and of course my Vip622 didn't either and it worked for this.

It's almost 24 hours since activating it via a Dirt member here. It has been restarted via front push button (NOT power-plug rebooted as of yet), and did a nightly reboot last night. Still doesn't show on Dishonline.

Anybody got any ideas? Guess I'm going to try a power-plug pull reboot next, as there's no timers scheduled right now. I am still transferring a few shows back from my external drive though.

OK, I did a power-cord reset about 20 minutes ago, did a status check which says it's on-line, and it made no difference. It still doesn't show the timers or recordings on Dishonline, and even though I can schedule recordings via the guide, they haven't fired off at all.

Last edited:
Try using another web browser and try clearing your cache/cookies on the browser.

Good suggestion, but I tried both of those already and it made no difference.

However, since the 'power-cord pull' reset like 2 hours ago I have come to work, and it now comes up and shows everything properly on Dishonline. Same laptop I was using at home, just now I'm at work.

So, I think the power cord pull made the difference. But, it's maybe slightly possible that it just doesn't work from inside my lan, so I'll check that out tomorrow afternoon when I'm back home and up for the night.

Thanks!

Maybe somebody sold you a bum 722k. :D

Can I get a refund? :D

Just kidding, it's working now.

Want to hear something REAL odd though? I had upgraded a long time ago my Vip622 receiver from the regular 320gb internal drive, to a 500gb internal drive. So it basically was like a Vip722, just not Sling adapter capable, and things like that.

Before I swapped in the Vip722k I bought from you, I transferred all the recordings on the Vip622's drive to an external drive. I then transferred them back onto the Vip722k's internal factory 500gb drive after I had that receiver installed and activated.

Those same recordings take up MORE space on the Vip722k's drive, then they did on the Vip622... In other words, I now have less recording time showing available compared to the Vip622.

Explain that one. Now my Vip622 has been Eastern Arc (ALL Mpeg 4) for some time, and the Vip722k was obviously Western Arc (mixed Mpeg 2 and 4), so maybe something in the way the drives format between the two different signals has something to do with it. Maybe there's more hidden house-keeping space used on the 722k.

Beats me, there's too many shows stored right now to force a drive format, so that won't happen anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)