New VIZIO tv questions on setup

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
Hi I bought a new tv and put up a vhf/uhf antenna on the roof. I live out in the country and have a rotator for moving the antenna. My question is about the scanning part of the setup. I scanned all the channels in then when I want to view a station in another direction I seem to have to scan again. Is this normal. I have the option of a full channel scan or partial scan. Which should I do? full or partial?
I live about 35 miles from closest stations and farthest ones I get are over 60 miles. But have to turn the antenna to get them. Any suggestion in this area would be appreciated.

I don't have Vizio, but I believe you need to do this:
1. Rotate your antenna to the position at which you can get most of the channels and do a full scan.
2. Rotate your antenna to the position where you can get an additional channel and do a Partial Scan, selecting a narrow range of channels that includes just the missing channel.
3. Repeat Step 2 for each channel you need to add.

Good luck!

I don't have Vizio, but I believe you need to do this:
1. Rotate your antenna to the position at which you can get most of the channels and do a full scan.
2. Rotate your antenna to the position where you can get an additional channel and do a Partial Scan, selecting a narrow range of channels that includes just the missing channel.
3. Repeat Step 2 for each channel you need to add.

Good luck!
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts