New Voom Software Update??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Does anyone know if Voom is going to be sending out a new software update this month?

When Voom is ready. No concrete date set. Bugs to be worked.

jimmykce1 said:
Does anyone know if Voom is going to be sending out a new software update this month?
I already mentioned this in another thread, but here is what Wilt wrote the other day:

...as with many software things (it) is taking longer than we want, but it should be no more than a week or two...
...but you never know with these things, it's not an exact science as you know...

Are they going to enable the clock on the front of the STB with this update? I know I read somewhereon this forum that it was possible to put a clock display there.

cyuhnke said:
Are they going to enable the clock on the front of the STB with this update? I know I read somewhereon this forum that it was possible to put a clock display there.
I certainly hope not. Did you see the digital display inside there. Those numbers would be huge. And I, for one, have too many lights/displays in my cabinent to distract me already.

It reminds me of the "EXIT" signs at the movie theater. I know why they're there, but they can be distracting.

No according to Wilt there are no plans to enable the clock display on the front of the unit.

I really wish they would enable it and make it a user selectable option.

You could have it set to OFF
Display Time Only
Display Channel number for 15 seconds whe changing channels then Display Time

Since the electronics are all there and paid for it seems like a huge waste not to use them. At least let us decide if we want them on or not.

If I remember correctly, Wilt said that the display is way to bright when enabled. Enough so that no one would want to turn it on. I have a Moto DCT5100 from Comcast and the display is about the same dimension as the Voom box, however I think they have the luminosity turned down, cause it's not overwhelming in low-lighting situations.

I would like the channel number. The numbers on the screen are very hard to see from saccross the room. I remember my old Primestar STB. Had the channel numbers on the front. Made it nice to see at a glance where you were.

I like being able to show the time on-screen with the touch of a button on the remote. It can instantly be turned back off the same way. I only see it when I want to rather than having a numeric display on all the time on the receiver. The menu and PG displays aren't pretty on the VOOM box, but the text is big and easy to see at a quick glance. As for the channel number, I always know what channel I'm watching anyway.

I'm hoping the programmers don't waste their time on something like a clock or channel display on the receiver. Let them concentrate on more valuable operational features. Heaven knows we could use more of them!

Seawaves said:
I'd just settle for the dang software update! Wlit bring it on!

I totally agree. Wilts a great guy. Hope he keeps us posted!

I would really just like to mainly see the starting at channel 100 go away.
IT IS DRIVING ME BUGGY@

but I love my VOom so I will let it go man......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)