New Voomer Guide question...

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
:confused:

O.K., so maybe I'm missing something. I would love to be able to look ahead in the guide and see when a currently 'info'ed program is playing again. I had this ability on my old D* box and it was great. I wish V* would publish a monthly guide (either by mail or e-mail a .pdf) showing all the movie showtimes, but if there is a way to locate via the on-air guide, great.

I'm also missing the ability to set up timer records through the receiver. Any idea if that will be added as a function in the future (besides the DVR, of course)?

Thanks.

The guide has data up to 3 days. If you need to look further than 3 days, you can look at www.zap2ti.com or www.titantv.com.

About the timer records do you mean the Program Planer? You can use it and then have your VCR/DVD timer adjust the time. I hope this helps.

So, am I to understand, if I'm on a program in the guide, there's a way to 'show next showing' up to three days ahead? I didn't see any button outlay for something like that. Or are you saying, just scroll ahead manually and look?

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Maybe they'll enhance guide functionality along these lines in the future.

yeah the guide is missing some "features" but IMO makes up for it with the guide speed. Something else missing is the ability to "go back in time". ESP when I happen to tune into a show in the last 5 mins and it shows the next show on. this will be very important that if you miss a show you can tell it to record the next showing.

Id also love to see programs color coded as well... green for sports etc.

Hopefully the DVR will add some of these advanced guide functionality.

Even with the guide problems I still like it better than E* equipment and D* equipment mainly because of its speed. (and judging from the DVR demos, the DVR will be just as responsive, hopefully we wont see HDtivo speed or pricing ;))

Been Vooming for 1 day...I must say that Voom's program guide is very crude. Hopefully they'll work on it

I noticed if you have a Media Center 2005 PC hooked up to a VOOM STB and used has a DVR, the guide is 14 days and you can see the next showing of the program you want.

That's cool. No special hardware/software besides XP Media Center '05? What's your config, if you don't mind my asking?

ksload said:
Been Vooming for 1 day...I must say that Voom's program guide is very crude. Hopefully they'll work on it

I'ld say the EPG is one of the worst features of Voom, and it is probably the biggest of my complaints. Mainly because nobody seems to really recognize it as a problem. Fluxuating PQ, no RSN, horrible installs... People all recognize them, and "Voom is working on the problem", etc... No mention of the EPG.

Maybe the new DVR will have a better EPG. If so, I'll get it just for that reason alone. If not, I'll pass...

Its very simular to a basic digital cable box from my limited experience with Comcast Digital a few years ago.

-John

¿ certificate ? to register for zap2it ?

Sean Mota said:
The guide has data up to 3 days. If you need to look further than 3 days, you can look at www.zap2ti.com or www.titantv.com.

About the timer records do you mean the Program Planer? You can use it and then have your VCR/DVD timer adjust the time. I hope this helps.

I use system 9.2 on Macs; so Wirns is difficult; so I tried to register for zap2it. I repeatedly was refused because I didin't have a certification #. I emailed to them for the info; but somebody here have it sooner?

off to titantv.com; I'm used to replay tvs; and still stand in the swamp.
thanks,
mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts